- Posts: 281
- Joined: 07 Jul 2013, 01:33
- Bookshelf Size: 48
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkcfan.html
- Latest Review: The Silent Shadow by Pat S. Clarke
I read that Rubin is a public health advocate. I wonder how much of her personal experience fueled her knowledge of the medical plot points in this novel.
- Posts: 202
- Joined: 22 Dec 2014, 15:06
- Bookshelf Size: 2
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3chicnp.html
I'll be honest here. I hated this book and didn't even finish it. I couldn't finish it because I found it slow and I couldn't catch on to it.
I am a free spirit
- Posts: 669
- Joined: 29 Dec 2014, 00:46
- Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
- Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 111
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
- Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
- fav_author_id: 4949
I read medial thrillers rarely, but I really enjoyed this one since the author's writing style is fluent and involving. The element of suspense in the book was also well done. All in all it is worth a read.
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 22:06
- Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
- Favorite Book: Struck By Lightning by Chris Colfer
- Currently Reading: reading five books and they wont fit
- Bookshelf Size: 32
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexavier-taiga.html
- fav_author_id: 2456
I have very mixed feelings about this book. I'll admit that I did not finish it due to school taking up 90% of my time now, but of what I did manage to read, I didn't quite like it. I loved the concept and the plot, but something about it just didn't sit right with me.
So many books to read, so little time..
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 11:56
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 21
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nhkeirat.html
- Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 04 Jul 2019, 06:27
- 2019 Reading Goal: 50
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 62
- Currently Reading: Heartquake
- Bookshelf Size: 168
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunalt.html
- Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
I only recently came across this book. I have always loved to read medical thrillers, working as a Med Tech myself. I found the connection with SARS pretty real. I remember the time of the viral outbreak and the terror it had initiated.