Agatha Christie

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
gargi_pandey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Agatha Christie

Post by gargi_pandey »

She is a genius, a real Queen of Crime.I praise her approach of writing in the manner to read the mind of criminal rather than the clues at the murder spot.She is brilliant in writing murder mysteries. My personal favourites are "And Then There Were None" and the short story "Murder in the Mews".
chiliabowl1998
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiliabowl1998.html

Post by chiliabowl1998 »

Genius
David Dawson
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-dawson.html
Latest Review: "The Mystery Factor" by Michael Brightman

Post by David Dawson »

Inishowen_Cailin wrote:I love Marple and Poirot from the tv. I've wanted to try out her books for a while now but was afraid they might be a bit tedious?
Definitely give them a go, not tedious at all; very readable. Great books for a longish train journey/ some other occasion where you can read things at one sitting.
SRenee

Post by SRenee »

I have never read any of Agatha Christie's books and would like to check one out. Any suggestions for the one I should read first?
David Dawson
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-dawson.html

Post by David Dawson »

Personally I prefer Poirot to her other inventions and the first Poirot book is The Mysterious Affair at Styles, which also fits the Agatha Christie prototype pretty well. If you like that you'll like the others, if you don't like it...

Murder on the Orient Express and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd are famed for - to put it as vaguely as possible - the ingeniousness of their solutions and definitely worth reading.
LittleWilma
Favorite Author: Jeff Melton
Favorite Book: Dark Destiny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlewilma.html

Post by LittleWilma »

Agatha Christie is in my top three list of favorite authors. I remember not liking her when I was in high school and I don't remember why. Then again, that was more than twenty years ago. I picked up one of her books from the library about ten years ago to give her another try and I really loved it and have been hooked ever since. When I came across "Agatha Christie's Poirot" on PBS, a few years ago, I was excited and watch it every chance I get. My twelve-year old daughter loves it as well. A couple of years ago we picked up an entire season on VHS at a thrift store. Now, we watch it together on Netflix.
"I like liquor — its taste and its effects — and that is just the reason why I never drink it."
-Stonewall Jackson
shilalekh
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilalekh.html

Post by shilalekh »

saethwr wrote:Genius no doubt!

And Murder on the orient express was brilliant!
Agree whole heartedly. I am such a Hercule Poirot Junkie that recently my brother gifted me a collection of 50 short stories by Agatha Christie. I love re-reading the choicest ones like "The King of Clubs" and "The Adventure of the Cheap Flat".
Stevefromtheblock
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevefromtheblock.html
Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol

Post by Stevefromtheblock »

I love Agatha Christie! It's my favorite kind of book to read while on vacation. Not too heavy, but engrossing and entertaining.
Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I love Agatha Christie's mysteries, especially the Hurcule Poirot series. I haven't read the Miss Marple series yet but I want to. What I like most about her stories is that they are simple and don't go over board. They are just clever stories that are a joy to read. I have read a few of her short stories and have really gotten into them.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
krisliz88
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Heartsick
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krisliz88.html
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by krisliz88 »

I love Agatha Christie. I'm of the verdict that when you can manage to have such successful murder mystery books like Agatha Christie produced that you may be a little nutty but nutty in a good way. To be able to weave a crazy path in books that are still successful how many years later? She was definitely a gifted author in my opinion.
steinhm
Currently Reading: The Silent Boy
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steinhm.html
Latest Review: "The Mysterious Bakery On Rue De Paris" by Evie Gaughan

Post by steinhm »

I ADORE Agatha Christie. I could read her books over and over again and still be shocked by them. My favorite two are Murder on the Orient Express and And Then There Was One. Both of these books I could barely put down and even when I got to the end I had to reread it several time just to believe the genius behind those plots. If only I could write like her.
Latest Review: "The Mysterious Bakery On Rue De Paris" by Evie Gaughan
Zoe303
Favorite Book: And Then There Were None
Currently Reading: Around the World in Eighty Days
Bookshelf Size: 240

Post by Zoe303 »

Same experience as steinhm up there and your favorites are mine too!! :D She's one of my favorite authors!! A GENIUS!!! That could even be an understatement!! I have to admit that I don't particularly enjoy the, mostly long, process of finding out the murderer, but how everything turns out is just.....CRAZY!!! I would just gape at the part where everything is revealed and keep reading it over and over again and re-experience the shock every time!! XD Wish if she was still alive! :(
“Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.” –P.J. O’Rourke
Risla
Currently Reading: Project Tau

Post by Risla »

She is a crime thriller genius.Any day she would be my favourite.Anybody wants to start of with reading her books I would recommend "Then there were None" and "Murder on the Orient Express".Agatha will always be the queen of crime thrillers.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

Agatha Christie is a genius, no doubt at all. I love her writing troughout.

Return to “Discuss Authors”