Favorite short story author

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Amy Murdoch Coleman
Favorite Book: Circe
Currently Reading: Hannah's War
Bookshelf Size: 6988
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-murdoch-coleman.html
Latest Review: Caretaker by George Farrell

Re: Favorite short story author

Post by Amy Murdoch Coleman »

I love Charlotte Perkins Gilman. "The Yellow Wallpaper" is such a bizarre story that really gives you insight into how women were essentially second-class citizens in the United States until very recently.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Overall, I would have to pick James Herriot (British veterinarian) because I had so much fun reading his books to my daughters - they (and I) enjoyed his stories so much. If it weren't for my daughters, I would probably pick Edgar Allen Poe, Leo Tolstoy, or Fyodor Dostoevsky. Eudora Welty's "Why I Live at the P.O." is very good but I haven't read anything else by her.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Discuss Authors”