LAURANN DOHNER vs RUBY DIXON

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Racine Lashley
Favorite Book: Dark Lover
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayzda1.html
Latest Review: Ark of the Apocalypse by Tobin Marks
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

LAURANN DOHNER vs RUBY DIXON

Post by Racine Lashley »

It's hard trying to narrow down my fav author these days. Both of these authors excite me in so many different ways. Between Dohner's species and Dixon's big blue men, they both aren't human, although one was built in a lab and the other born on another planet. They both have animal-like qualities, they both want to protect their people. I also enjoy when they both know when they found their mate, even if Dixon's situation is more like a do or die sort of matchmaking, it always ends up pretty well. So I'm wondering, do you have two writers with two totally different writings styles and storylines, but somehow there are still similarities? :wink:
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

I enjoy Laurann Dohner and Ruby Dixon, too, although I prefer Dixon's dragon series to her ice planet series.

I suppose two writers that are very different that I both like would be JR Ward and Nora Roberts/JD Robb. I'll toss in Kristen Ashley, too, although she's more similar in style to Nora Roberts. I like all their writing styles but the one thing that I like about all of them is that their heroes aren't jerks (generally speaking) and their heroines aren't "tempestuous." Save me from "tempestuous" heroines. It's just another way of calling a girl a b!#ch. I want lead characters I can like!
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx

Return to “Discuss Authors”