Authors from your Area

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Authors from your Area

Post by Nym182 »

Who is a famous author from where you live? Did that make you more inclined to read them??
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
SavannahJones
Currently Reading: I will make of thee a great nation
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savannahjones.html
Latest Review: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation by Val D. Greenwood
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by SavannahJones »

The author of V is for Virgin lives in my town; Kelly Oram. I didn't know her until a friend said she went to church with her and suggested I read her books. I didn't really enjoy V is for Virgin, but I did thoroughly enjoy her book Serial Hottie. The Jamie Baker trilogy was also super cool. However, just because I might see her at a church activity does not mean I feel the obligation to read and/or love her books. It just happens that she's written a couple good ones.
mblmn_mortician
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mblmn-mortician.html
Latest Review: High Hopes by Sue Lilley

Post by mblmn_mortician »

A favorite author of mine with a local connection was Kurt Vonnegut. He wasn't from Iowa, but he went to Cornell University in Mount Vernon, Iowa. He also participated in the University of Iowa's Writer's Workshop and taught there during the time he participated.

Return to “Discuss Authors”