Hunter S Thompson

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Hunter S Thompson

Post by Nym182 »

I've been a hugh fan of HST for awhile now, and I can't help but wonder what he would be writing if he were still alive today...

What is your favorite HST story/anecdote?

Mine is when he talks about wanting to go mess with Jack Nicholson. The gist of it is he drove to his house with a elk heart thawing out on his passenger car seat. His intention was to give it to him, but he didn't answer the door so he just left it on his front porch and takes off. And of course, as Hunter does, he decides it would be a good time to fire some guns a little ways away from Nicholson's house. Apparently, while this was going on, Nicholson has his family in a safe room and his rifle out since he was under the impression that a rabid fan was attacking his house (his phone connect was cut and I believe there was some precedence to his concern) Nope, just good old Hunter leaving gifts :lol2: :lol2:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST

Return to “Discuss Authors”