Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Runan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 150%

Re: Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

Post by Runan »

There have been many series I tried to finish, out of which, some of them were successfully completed while I was growing up. I don't remember my first series though. I think it was Enid Blyton's Secret Seven or Famous Five series. I tried completing Agatha Christie's novels, but there are just too many! The same goes for Hardy Boys. Harry Potter series was definitely a series I successfully completed.
Runan
Sav Sparkman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

I found a few children’s chapter books/young adult books by an author called AVI when I was in middle school, and that is the first time I remember wanting to read anything she’s ever written! She has quite a few series, many of them with main characters that are forest animals. Her books are charming, her writing style is interesting and easy to devour, and her story lines are entertaining. I highly recommend her!
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Sav Sparkman
Currently Reading:
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

Ibanezakame wrote: 04 Oct 2013, 12:07 I have to say Rick Riordan. He is just a great author that understands teens and tweens in so many funny and weird ways. Me and my friends are all friends because these books. Thats how I started talking to a friend, who knew i friend i was friends with, who knew my best friends brother, so thats how we started this group of friends. So thanks rick r!
This is one of the authors I latched onto as a preteen as well! I though Percy Jackson was the coolest ever and I read everything I could get my hands on by Rick Riordan. He’s a big part of my love for young adult books!
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

Nicholas Sparks! After A Walk To Remember, I was obsessed
Danni6
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Danni6 »

My first one would of been Lurlene Mcdaniel. I bought so many of her books. As an adult I became obsessed with Richard Paul Evans.
Aroona Kashif
Favorite Author: Ana Huang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aroona-kashif.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
fav_author_id: 32219

Post by Aroona Kashif »

probably jaqueline wilson 💀
all’s fair in love and poetry
Teresathomps
Currently Reading: Infinity
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teresathomps.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
2024 Reading Goal: 45
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Teresathomps »

As a child, it was Louisa May Alcott. A few years ago, I finished every mystery novel and short story that I could find by Georgette Heyer. I will probably eventually work my way through all of JS Fletcher's mystery novels.
Erin Suttle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-suttle.html
Latest Review: Fasting Firepower by Marjan
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Erin Suttle »

At just 3 years old my big sister of 10 taught me to read and I couldn't get enough! However, the rest of my family were not fans and books were a rare commodity for me. Fortunately, the internet took place well enough that in high school (late 1990's) I could access Shakespeare's complete works! This began a life-long passion of finding authors and then reading everything they ever wrote.
Patricia_Silva
Currently Reading: Metaphase
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patricia-silva.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Patricia_Silva »

I loved reading "My Best Friends' Girl", by Dorothy Koomson, so much that I had to read everything else she wrote. She's one of my favorite authors.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

Sherrilyn Kenyon was the first author I had to read all by. I randomly started reading one and had to read the rest. Especially her Dark-Hunter Series.
Ambar Gill
Currently Reading: Finale
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambar-gill.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 42%

Post by Ambar Gill »

Sarah J Maas is that author for me, however, I think Rina Kent may be another one. I always make sure to read every book that Maas has put out, even if the latest ones are kinda a letdown. But here's to hoping we'll have more amazing books by her soon! and every Rina Kent book I've read thus far is *chefs kiss*. Currently working my way through the world she's built.
Ambar Gill :angelic-flying:
Jabulile Mahlangu 1
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Obsidian Tomorrow
Bookshelf Size: 32
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 28%

Post by Jabulile Mahlangu 1 »

It took me years to finally find someone I could read "everything" by and it turns out I was just reading the wrong genre. As soon as I laid my eyes on City of bones by Michael Connelly at the library...I don't know. I couldn't stop reading. I had to find the entire Harry Bosch series and Im still reading anything crime, thriller and mystery by him to this day.

Return to “Discuss Authors”