John Grisham

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
psmithson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: John Grisham

Post by psmithson »

New to this website so I have no idea if this is the correct place to post this.

I have read a few John Grisham books, and most recently The Associate.

I really enjoyed The Associate, I thought the story and the setting were really compelling. The only issue I had was with the main character Kyle. For the most part, I thought he was a good character who I empathized with for the horrendous scenario he was in however, there was one aspect of his character I found really difficult to understand. This was related to how he viewed the rape of Elaine and how he dismissed her claims due to her promiscuous character despite seeing a video that provided strong evidence that the scenario was non-consensual. I found it weird that he consistently went to his friend Joel (one of the likely rapists) for help and described him as a friend he could trust, furthermore I thought it was strange that there was never any comeuppance for these characters specifically for the assault on Eliane.

I am interested to see if anyone else had a similar experience to this when reading the book.
Mercy Mulalya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-mulalya.html
Latest Review: My Living Will by John Trautwein

Post by Mercy Mulalya »

A Time To Kill and Runaway Jury weren’t bad but found him too intense.
Lily Ahulu
Currently Reading: Jet Girl
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Lily Ahulu »

Used to exchange his books with a friend. We bought different titles and borrowed from each other after reading
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

My love for crime movies was as a result of reading John Graham's books.
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

I really like reading John Grisham books. My mom has read all of his books, so she recommends her favorites to me. Some of the story lines are a bit repetitive, but overall I enjoy learning about the lawyer/case aspect of them. My favorites so far have been Pelican Brief and The Firm. Definite page turners! I’be read a few others, but none of them were as memorable to me. I’m currently reading The Appeal.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller

Return to “Discuss Authors”