Christian fiction authors

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
jojo48713
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojo48713.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Re: Christian fiction authors

Post by jojo48713 »

My favorite Christian Fiction author is Ted Dekker. Although at some bookstores a number of his novels aren't considered Christian Fiction. Even if his work isn't directly related to a religious subject, he still uses a Christian basis in his logic and that's one of the things I think is so great about his work. Another author I greatly enjoy in this genre is Karen Kingsbury. I had to read her work for school and do a book report and I fell in love. The first book of hers that I read was Oceans Apart and it very uplifting and thought provoking. Dekker and Kingsbury are my top two in this genre and in the top 20 overall.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

Paliden wrote:Hey! I read a lot of Christian Fiction. All of the suggestions you had are great. Here are a few more

Francine Rivers (General fiction prob.)
Lori Wick (Romance)
Beverly Lewis (Amish)
Janette Oke (romance?)
Brock and Brodie Thoen (not really sure, general prob.)
Jerry Jenkins (not sure what sub-genre, but he's good)
Karen Kingsbury (LOVE her Baxter family series!)

Love Lauraine Snelling, Angela Elwell Hunt (LOVE her books!!!) and Lynn Austin

I love Janette Oke, Lauraine Snelling, and Karen Kingsbury as well. I Have started the Canadian West series by Janette Oke, and i absolutely love it. The Baxter family series is my favorite by Karen Kingsbury as well. I thought Unlocked was a very good book as well. Lately, i have gotten a couple of Francine Rivers books, but i haven't gotten a chance to read them yet. I plan to read one soon though. It seems like she has some very interesting story lines.

-- 03 Mar 2015, 15:26 --
jojo48713 wrote:My favorite Christian Fiction author is Ted Dekker. Although at some bookstores a number of his novels aren't considered Christian Fiction. Even if his work isn't directly related to a religious subject, he still uses a Christian basis in his logic and that's one of the things I think is so great about his work. Another author I greatly enjoy in this genre is Karen Kingsbury. I had to read her work for school and do a book report and I fell in love. The first book of hers that I read was Oceans Apart and it very uplifting and thought provoking. Dekker and Kingsbury are my top two in this genre and in the top 20 overall.

I have read books from both of those authors and I enjoy them a lot too. One of my favorites from Karen Kingsbury is Unlocked, but I read Oceans Apart too and that was a great story as well. One of my favorites by Ted Dekker so far is House, which he wrote with Frank Peretti.

-- 03 Mar 2015, 15:27 --
jojo48713 wrote:My favorite Christian Fiction author is Ted Dekker. Although at some bookstores a number of his novels aren't considered Christian Fiction. Even if his work isn't directly related to a religious subject, he still uses a Christian basis in his logic and that's one of the things I think is so great about his work. Another author I greatly enjoy in this genre is Karen Kingsbury. I had to read her work for school and do a book report and I fell in love. The first book of hers that I read was Oceans Apart and it very uplifting and thought provoking. Dekker and Kingsbury are my top two in this genre and in the top 20 overall.

I have read books from both of those authors and I enjoy them a lot too. One of my favorites from Karen Kingsbury is Unlocked, but I read Oceans Apart too and that was a great story as well. One of my favorites by Ted Dekker so far is House, which he wrote with Frank Peretti.
Big_B99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-big-b99.html
Latest Review: "Understand Accounting Terms" by Akshay Rajgor

Post by Big_B99 »

Paliden wrote:There is another series that is GREAT! The author's name is Chuck Black. The series is called Knights of Arrethrae. And he has another series (ties in) called the Kingdom series. It's great too! Read the Kingdom series first and then the Knights series. Strangely, the Knights series is better to me (as a series) but they are both AWESOME books. You should check your library for them.
I first read this series several years ago, and I still love them today! Really great books!
Latest Review: "Understand Accounting Terms" by Akshay Rajgor
petermark
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by petermark »

no i dont think that Christian fiction authors is an real time and gold authour
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

Hi there,
Good to meet some others who like Christian fiction. Since I've gotten a kindle app I've been downloading a bunch of free christian books. Some of them are really great! I have Light of Eidon on my tbr list right now. Have any of you ever read any of Anne Elizabeth Stengl? She writes fantasy and has to be one of my favorite authors.
I've heard of libraries loaning out kindle books...I wonder how it works and if they can do it online. I REALLY miss having access to a library.

-- 08 Mar 2015, 11:23 --

Hi there,
Good to meet some others who like Christian fiction. Since I've gotten a kindle app I've been downloading a bunch of free christian books. Some of them are really great! I have Light of Eidon on my tbr list right now. Have any of you ever read any of Anne Elizabeth Stengl? She writes fantasy and has to be one of my favorite authors.
I've heard of libraries loaning out kindle books...I wonder how it works and if they can do it online. I REALLY miss having access to a library.
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
CJBrightley
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjbrightley.html

Post by CJBrightley »

Rachaelamb1 wrote:Hi there,
Check out the Overdrive app - it's the app that handles ebook lending for a lot of public libraries. If you have a public library anywhere in your area, you can probably use the Overdrive app to get access to that library's Kindle holdings. As far as I can tell, the library's Kindle holdings and dead-tree holdings don't always overlap, so you may not find the same books available. Get the app and your library card ready, and then check the library's website for how to get it set up.

You can browse and checkout books just from your device without going to the library, so even if the library itself is pretty far away, it may be worth one trip to get that library card set up so you can use it from home.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

I read tons of Christian fiction! The previous posts list most of my favorites. I must say I love all of Karen Kingsbury and The Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. Also, a good suspense writer is Frank Peretti.
aclester88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aclester88.html

Post by aclester88 »

I am so glad I found this forum!! I have been wanting to widen my authors in this genre. My top favorites are Dee Henderson and Lori Wick but I have so many others. I'll be taking names and can't wait to read!
csimmons032

Post by csimmons032 »

I am reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers right now and it is actually a fantastic book. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and I am looking forward to reading more of her books.

-- 16 Apr 2015, 19:00 --

I just rented a Tracie Peterson novel called Taming the Wind from the library. Hopefully I enjoy it. I think I have a couple of her books. So if I enjoy this one, I will probably go ahead and read those.
orangehornet57
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by orangehornet57 »

Gilbert Morris is a really good Christian author. As a former college professor, his books usually have lots of historical facts. One relative found his books a little sensual. I've read several books from his various series. Something a high school teacher once said about Louis L'Amour comes to mind. He reuses storylines, and just changes the characters. I've found similar plotlines in different series. I once met Robert Funderburk, who cowrote some books with Gilbert Morris.

My feelings about Terri Blackstock are mixed. Her books are usually very well written, and quite suspenseful. But the endings can often be a letdown. Some questions remain unanswered. It's true that she wrote secular books under other names. She wouldn't share them when asked. But I saw them listed somewhere else. Some of her Christian books are reworkings of earlier secular novels. It'd be interesting to do a comparison of the two versions.

I actually preferred the kids series of the Left Behind books over the adult ones. Chris Fabry did most of the writing there. Some of the adult books were better than others. Has anyone ever read any of Grace Livingston Hill's books? They seem very dated now.
Deborah_Van_Norden
Favorite Author: Deborah Van Norden
Currently Reading: The Shack
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah-van-norden.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 8957

Post by Deborah_Van_Norden »

I absolutely love Francine Rivers. I've read several of her books and I loved all of them.
TheMusicalMuse
Favorite Author: Victor Hugo
Currently Reading: The Druid's Curse
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themusicalmuse.html
Latest Review: "Trespassers" by Todd and Tim Wynn
fav_author_id: 3006

Post by TheMusicalMuse »

Ted Dekker is a favorite, although I prefer his Christian genre books over his mainstream fiction.

Janette Oak is wonderful if you're looking for a slightly sappy historical romance. I read her entire "Love Comes Softly" series on a 5-day road trip to WA when I was 12.

Lori Wick has always been my favorite Christian author. Some of her books fall into that gooey romance category, but many of them are more about life and less about the love story. A couple of my favorites by her are "Who Brings Forth the Wind", "The Princess", "Pretense", and "Sophie's Heart".
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
Latest Review: "Trespassers" by Todd and Tim Wynn
csimmons032

Post by csimmons032 »

I just finished Breaking Free by Lauraine Snelling and it was an excellent book. Lauraine Snelling once again managed to create a beautiful love story about forgiveness and starting over. I hope you all will consider reading this book, you won't regret it :)
jstephens
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jstephens.html

Post by jstephens »

I love Christian fiction.I have read All that my libary has and other surrounding libraries. I can read a book pretty fast if it's good so the library help as far as expense. It's hard to pay ten to fifteen dollars a book and read it in a couple hours.There are some GREAT authors out there.I love reading my favorite s many times. Being able to articulate in a wholesome way is priceless. I like mystery and suspense and they are really branching out past romance.I will take a christian book over all else any day.
Levi
Favorite Author: S. Morgenstern ha ha
Favorite Book: Crik
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bookshelf Size: 542
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-levi.html
Latest Review: "The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana" by Katlynn Brooke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Levi »

My favorite is Frank Peretti by far. Mostly because he's probably the only one I've read that I can really recall. I just reread This Present Darkness and Piercing The Darkness, the latter being my favorite but both are great. Two books about angels and demons battling and people's struggle between good and evil, you can't go wrong. He also wrote the Oath which I remember being pretty good as well
Latest Review: "The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana" by Katlynn Brooke

Return to “Discuss Authors”