John Green or Nicholas Sparks

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Raj Tarrobal
Currently Reading: Little Bluebird
Bookshelf Size: 0

John Green or Nicholas Sparks

Post by Raj Tarrobal »

Is it just me or Nicholas Sparks is better than John Green
So I was in grade school when I first read my Nicholas Sparks book and I can say that I can still read it now without cringing. In highschool I was really into John Green because of my girlfriend that time but when I re-read it years after I'm just really cringing about it.

liz im
Favorite Book: We Have Always Lived in a Castle
Currently Reading: The New Jim Crow
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liz-im.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by liz im »

I definitely think that it has a lot to do with age! In high school, I enjoyed John Green a lot more than I do now. Nicholas Sparks writes books that more relatable all age groups while Green is geared towards the younger population and those who enjoy teen lit.
But to be honest, it's been a little while since I have read a book by either of them, so I couldn't definitively say if one is better than the other. I'm going to have to go back and read one by both because I want to compare the two now.

Return to “Discuss Authors”