Your Favorite New Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Nicaea
Bookshelf Size: 0

Your Favorite New Author?

Post by Nicaea »

My favorite new author is Daniel Chiera. I have read his first book Where Angels Play three times and find something new each time. I am currently reading his second book Cursed Bloodlines, which I find to be as enjoyable as his first. His books are character based placing them in modern times and through there dreams taking them to an ancient time amongst the gods and religious characters in the bible and apocryphal books.

Please post your new author and describe a little about there books. It is great we have forums like this that give us the opportunity to open our horizons on new books for lovers of one of the oldest past times....Reading
miamarketta

Post by miamarketta »

I am not sure because there so many good authors. At least, she is the most celebrated author of modern Scandinavian literature at the moment.Sofi Oksanen.
Nicaea

Post by Nicaea »

Thanks Mia, is she a new author?
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Craig Silvey is my favourite new author.

His second novel "Jasper Jones" is likened to Twain, Lee and Capote and he says Australia lends itself to the Southern gothic style of writing.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Nicaea

Post by Nicaea »

Thank you Maud, I love your quote by Russell.
Nicaea
miamarketta

Post by miamarketta »

Dear Nicaea,

Yes Sofi Oksanen is quite a new author. She won Finlandia prize something which is considered as the finest literature award in Finland. Her books are best-sellers and they have been translated into English. She was born in 1977 like me. Her book When Doves Disappeared is dramatic. She is a feminist and a strong defender of women's rights. She writes about issues such as forced prostitution in Baltic countries in Estonia during the Soviet Union era. Although her books are fictional their roots are in contemporary history.
riyanj
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: The Dark Tower Series
Currently Reading: In between books
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyanj.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by riyanj »

Giacomo Giammatteo. His organized crime novels are dang good.
Nicaea

Post by Nicaea »

Thank you Mia for your response. I grew up with a rather large family, mostly females, so I must say my father and I were very familiar with the feminist movement growing up. The subject of forced prostitution on any human sickens me to my core. God Bless Sofi Oksanen for shining light on such a horrible crime against the human body and soul and God Bless you Mia for bringing this subject into the forum.

Nicaea
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Maud Fitch wrote:Craig Silvey is my favourite new author.

His second novel "Jasper Jones" is likened to Twain, Lee and Capote and he says Australia lends itself to the Southern gothic style of writing.
I have read and loved Jasper Jones.

My favorite new author is Lauren Oliver. I loved her book "Before I Fall".
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
ankop95

Post by ankop95 »

I have so many new authors I'm loving right now, but right now on the top of my list is Jennifer L. Amentrout. I just simly love how she pulls me into her stories an makes me feel like Im right there with the characters.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I just recently finished Harvest Moon by Robynn Carr and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was well written and I plan to read more of her novels.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
meggpie09
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meggpie09.html

Post by meggpie09 »

Roxie Rivera. I just started her series a couple weeks ago and i cannot put them down! I love all of them so far, its so thrilling and romantic I cant put it down.
s_curley
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-curley.html

Post by s_curley »

Abigail Gibbs is a young author from the UK. I started reading her books on a website for amateur authors known as Wattpad and fell in love with her! Soon after I read her first book, she was published! If you are into to Vampire books, I highly recommend her!
MissMaro
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missmaro.html

Post by MissMaro »

My favorite contemporary author at the moment is Kerstin Gier. I like reading her books in German, though they are enjoyable in translation too. :)
Ealasaid
Favorite Author: Unfair To Ask That
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 284">Emily of New Moon</a>
Currently Reading: The Princes of Ireland: The Dublin Saga
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ealasaid.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ealasaid »

I am really enjoying Kate Morton right now. She is an Australian author, but the setting for several of her books is the UK. Her books jump back and forth in time, but she weaves through the story seamlessly and not in a confusing way.
"I dwell in Possibility" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Discuss Authors”