J.K. Rowling or Suzanne Collins?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
AmyMarie2171
Currently Reading: Portrait of a Killer
Bookshelf Size: 464
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amymarie2171.html
Latest Review: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones by Chris Reynolds

Re: J.K. Rowling or Suzanne Collins?

Post by AmyMarie2171 »

They are both amazing authors, but the Harry Potter world is so much more involved and complex that I would go with JK Rowling.

Claris L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claris-l.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Claris L »

I enjoyed reading Rowling's books more, as a child, but I equally appreciate the worldbuilding that went into Collins' Hunger Games trilogy.

Amesthenerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amesthenerd.html
Latest Review: Stranded In The Wild by Gary Rodriguez

Post by Amesthenerd »

It’s Suzanne Collins for me now. Both authors have released an additional book now. If you look at the quality of each book, Collins’ book is much better. I also like that when Suzanne Collins finished the trilogy, she just disappeared with her money and didn’t reappear until the announcement of the prequel. JK Rowling has stayed in the public eye and has done things that has lost a lot of her fan base.

jojo_21
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jojo_21 »

Hunger games is an amazing series, I couldn't keep it aside for even a second :techie-studyingbrown:. It's a super thriller series and I loved reading it. And goes with Harry Potter. Whereas the difference between Suzanne Collins and J.K. Rowling is the choice of target audience and J.K. Rowling is more bent towards the mystical and magical fiction where as Suzanne Collins tries to keep it more of a realistic fiction.

cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

I choose J.K. Rowling. The characters and the adventure she created is unique and wonderful. I still like Harry Potter and Hunger Games.

Nama Winnie
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nama-winnie.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Nama Winnie »

J.K. Rowling definitely. I love the plots he comes up with and his writing style is to be admired

Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Twinkle Twinkle Little Starr by H M Irwing

Post by Reader-247 »

Nightreaderx wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 15:15
If I could choose to be one of these authors I would want to be J.K Rowling. The amount of creativity and imagination that has been put into her work is astounding. Not only did she write the Harry Potter novels, but she also wrote the fantastic beasts and where to find them, which is also a part of the wizarding world, just with different characters and in a different time period. If I could have even one-quarter of her talent, I would feel so privileged.
I agree, the way she builds the story and characters... it is so engaging. i have re-read the books quite a few times.

Jake7410
Currently Reading:

Post by Jake7410 »

Why must you do this to me....they're both so good...ugh fine. J.K.

Maria8297

Post by Maria8297 »

hasmartz wrote:
09 Dec 2013, 10:43
I would have to say Rowling. I think I'll be rereading her books for years to come. I enjoyed The Hunger Games, but I can't see myself becoming attached to them in the same way. I have yet to feel the urge to read that series again, no matter how good it was the first time.
You are absolutely right to this matter.

Return to “Discuss Authors”