John Green

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Re: John Green

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

I've read Looking for Alaska and I agree that his style, intensity, plotting, and characters are well-polished. He's a solid, reliable author.
Maria Ferreira Silva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-ferreira-silva.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Maria Ferreira Silva »

I enjoy how John Green portraits his characters. Everyone is extremely relatable.
asrb_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by asrb_ »

I've loved everything I've read by John Green, but I feel like it was mostly during my teenage years. Now that I'm grown it's not really my cup of tea, but I still like it and sometimes I read just for the nostalgia it brings me.
Nimra Kiran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimra-kiran.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nimra Kiran »

Yeah, I liked his works too when I started reading him. Honestly, his style is a combination of relatable characters, engaging storytelling, and an explanation of in-depth themes. The best thing about him is that he often writes in the first-person narrative. By reading through the perspective of the first person I feel immersed myself in the protagonist's thoughts and emotions. This is the best way to create an intimate connection between the reader and the character, most of all reader and the author.

'That's why someone said that Books are bridges!' :techie-studyinggray:
"A bear knows seven songs and they are all about honey."
Susan Ledezma
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Bound by Firelight
Currently Reading: Light Filters In
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-ledezma.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 27%

Post by Susan Ledezma »

I have always loved John Green both as a person and as an author. He does an amazing job of writing characters that you can relate too and feel for. Overall, there is a very good reason why he is such a popular author especially in the YA genre.
“Great books help you understand, and they help you feel understood.” -John Green :techie-studyinggray:
Emma Ussel
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma-ussel.html
Latest Review: The Shanghai Circle by Tony Henderson

Post by Emma Ussel »

I truly appreciated the Fault in Our Stars in terms of the meta commentary around death of the author + appropriation of the story by the readers once it's out and in the open. It's a great thing to think about, especially when it comes to the "intents" written in the actual story, imho
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: The Covid Murders by Greg Vigdor
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

I love his books! I have been a proud member of Nerdfighteria for about a decade now. My favorite book of his is Looking for Alaska. My first book by him was TFIOS and I found his YouTube after that. I have since read all of his books, and An Abundance of Katherine’s was the one I liked the least.
Harley Norris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 1%

Post by Harley Norris »

Oooo I've been meaning to read that! I just haven't gotten around to it yet (but maybe I should soon?)
A few of his books I have read though are 'Fault in our stars' (I cried) and 'Paper Towns' (just didn't hit for me but was pretty fun reading)

Return to “Discuss Authors”