Which author do you want to have a beer with?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Florence24
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Which author do you want to have a beer with?

Post by Florence24 »

The first author that came to my mind was Thomas Harris. I would love to have a drink or two with him (no beer though, I'm underage :wink: ) because I have a few questions I would like to ask him about Hannibal Lecter, regarding his personal character traits and history that isn't covered in the books.

For example, my little sister, who is also a fan of his books, and I always get into debates about how Hannibal would react to hearing that his life story was going to be made into a musical. She thinks he would be angry, but I actually think he would be fairly amused by the idea. So, that's something I would probably ask Mr. Harris first: "Could you tell me how Dr. Lecter would feel about his life story being made into a musical?" Haha, very stupid, I know, but I'm afraid it is an inside joke that my sister and I are actually curious about.
KERRYLOPEZ

Post by KERRYLOPEZ »

I want to meet with Paulo Coelho and sit down and have a beer with him because he has such an inspiring journey that has been a lesson for all & if I talk about books & literature, his book "THE ALCHEMIST" was the bestseller only in New York times & also in all over the world.
Danielle Briggs
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-briggs.html
Latest Review: Moonlit Nights by Jacob Parr

Post by Danielle Briggs »

I would love to have a chat with James Patterson. I remember reading his YA "Maximum Ride" series in my pre-teens and loving it. As I got older, I continued to read his work and have become astounded that he has so many publications. I would ask how he comes up with all the story lines for his books and how he is able to have so many fresh ideas so fast. I am also interested in his process in general since he is so successful.
Digisha
Currently Reading: Code of Extra Ordinary mind
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-digisha.html
Latest Review: Ark of the Apocalypse by Tobin Marks

Post by Digisha »

Khaled Hosseini. This man really write in epic way. I really would like to learn about how he does it in a smooth manner.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

I love Jeannie Nicholas and i would love to have a bear with her
angelbhengu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelbhengu.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by angelbhengu »

Dorothy May Mercer
Samuel Mamo
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-mamo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Samuel Mamo »

Trevor Noah!
imagine loughing all night there!
elac
Favorite Book: The Goldfinch
Currently Reading: Kafka On The Shore
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by elac »

Philip Roth
Lade_96
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Lade_96 »

Sue Grafton😊..the series A to Y needs a Z
POETIC PACIFIC
Favorite Book: The Illuminati Conspiracy
Currently Reading: The Poetic Pacific
Bookshelf Size: 220

Post by POETIC PACIFIC »

I think I will have a beer with one of the authors of the James Bond character; such as Ian Fleming.
This is because of their style of mixing pleasure at the peak of fast pace actions..
Robert_schenck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-schenck.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Robert_schenck »

J.K Rowling, so I could chat away about her creation, and also discuss why she made waves recently in the news.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 598
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

My first choice would be Stephen King, however I don't see him as a beer drinker but maybe a bourbon drinker, which will be perfect for me😁. I think that would be one epic night.

Next in line will be:
Thomas Harris
Stephanie Meyer
J. R. Ward
To mention a few😉
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

I don't drink beer although I allow myself a little wine indulgence now and then. That being said, I'd love to have a glass of wine with Sidney Sheldon. He is one of the most prolific mystery writers I know. I've read all of his books.
Another author I'd love to have wine with, Or maybe lunch will be Sophie kinsella. Her sense of humor is top-notch and she just makes you fall in love with the oddest characters. I reckon the lunch date will be filled with a lot of sarcasm and laughter.
AllReads

Post by AllReads »

Dan Brown
Honestly, I was marveled the first time I read Angels and Demons back in high school but I instantly became a fan after I read Digital Fortress.
His ability to weave fact and fiction together that would not make you want to put the book down for a second is what surprised me.
I am a seasoned reader who isn't cajoled easily but Dan Brown got my upmost respect.
Ashley Malia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-malia.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ashley Malia »

I would enjoy having beer with Shel Silverstein. I often write poetry to release certain emotions that I am experiencing. I have written several papers throughout my schooling about how he has inspired me to write in order to advocate and encourage others. Even if I had the opportunity to sit and speak with him over a beer, I am unsure what I would even ask or say. I think I would be too starstruck.

Return to “Discuss Authors”