Stephen King

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Chris Konstantine
Currently Reading: Apocalypse Reckoning 2.0
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-konstantine.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Re: Stephen King

Post by Chris Konstantine »

(Let me try this again as it didn't work last time I tried to post it).

I enjoy Mr. King's works tremendously, from Misery, to The Stand, and many other works, he fascinates me. His ability to craft a story and draw the reader in is exemplary. However, I did notice a weakness in some of his works, and that is his endings. It's almost as if he himself doesn't want the tale to end, but knows that it must, so he concludes in a less brilliant fashion than what could be expected.

I will point out a short story of his, The Mist. This novella was made into a film and the original ending was dropped as the script writers felt they should fashion another. Even Stephen himself praised the new ending over his own.

Over-all though, I'm very happy that he's such a prolific writer, and rarely disappointed by reading one of his works.

Return to “Discuss Authors”