What do you think about Cassandra Clare's writing style?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Re: What do you think about Cassandra Clare's writing style?

Post by sevencrows »

I remember really enjoying her books! I started with the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices, and though they were initially quite difficult to get into fully, she has a way of making me get attached to the characters and the world she had built.
monserrat_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat-21.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by monserrat_21 »

I like the way she writes dialogue between the characters, her style is funny and enjoyable, but her descriptions of the characters' thoughts and feelings are a little too dramatic and exaggerated sometimes, which annoys me a bit. Her plots and characters are really good though so I don't mind it as much in the grand scheme of things.
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”

Jhumpa Lahiri
MrOldJohn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MrOldJohn »

I really love her books because they are the one that got me into reading in the first place after watching the show Shadowhunters and now Iown all of the Shadowhunters Chronicles. The way she writes makes it so easy for me to just slip into the world inside the book and I absolutely love it.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

Clare's writing style is thrilling with a touch of humor. The humorous exchange of words lighten up the story's pressuring conflicts the characters undergo.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 598
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Yes absolutely love her writing!!!! I have quite a few of her books but did not read them all as yet unfortunately. My favorite so far are The Immortal Instuments series.
latesummer93
Favorite Book: The Invisible Life Of Addie La Rue
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-latesummer93.html
Latest Review: Eating Bull by Carrie Rubin

Post by latesummer93 »

I'm still slowly making my way through all of her books. I got such a late start to them because I was busy devouring so many other books in the genre. But I can easily see why her books were recommended to me by so many people. I genuinely enjoy her storytelling style. It's so twisty and fun; I especially love listening to it via audiobooks. So, while I started out reading her books in physical format, I've been continuing my way through them via audio.
Aroona Kashif
Favorite Author: Ana Huang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aroona-kashif.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible
fav_author_id: 32219

Post by Aroona Kashif »

I’ve read almost all her books, and when you pay attention, her writing style really is good.
all’s fair in love and poetry
Adéla Kapicová
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ad-la-kapicov.html
Latest Review: Replaced Parts by Stephanie Hansen

Post by Adéla Kapicová »

I read only 3 of her books. The style seemed great at the beginning, but it got boring after while. Couldn´t make myself read more.

Return to “Discuss Authors”