This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.
Related Special Forums: Author Articles
| Author Interviews
If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums
- Posts: 142
- Joined: 20 Dec 2019, 12:26
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 12
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
- Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron
I remember really enjoying her books! I started with the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices, and though they were initially quite difficult to get into fully, she has a way of making me get attached to the characters and the world she had built.
- Posts: 145
- Joined: 07 Jun 2020, 12:59
- Currently Reading: The Turn
- Bookshelf Size: 19
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat-21.html
- Latest Review: An Imperfect Crime by Fred G. Baker
I like the way she writes dialogue between the characters, her style is funny and enjoyable, but her descriptions of the characters' thoughts and feelings are a little too dramatic and exaggerated sometimes, which annoys me a bit. Her plots and characters are really good though so I don't mind it as much in the grand scheme of things.
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”