Have you read any books from Miguel Ruiz?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
yanily66
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yanily66.html

Have you read any books from Miguel Ruiz?

Post by yanily66 »

A couple years ago while working in a Behavioral Health treatment center for girls I was introduced to a wonderful book named "The four agreements". I was going threw some difficult detaching circumstances where I was in a not so healthy relationship. One of the girls who was admitted in the center lend me the book and insisted on me reading it, she said it would change the way I saw life and my perception on things.

The first second I picked up the book and began to read the first pages I was in love, this book is mind shocking, it totally change the way I saw everything. After reading that book I became intrigued with the other books he has and bought them all.

Has anyone read his book? what do you think?
A-Hearne
Favorite Author: Edgar Alan Poe
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-hearne.html
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 3010

Post by A-Hearne »

No, I haven't. I will definitely give him a try.
NYCBookClubber
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by NYCBookClubber »

I just re-read this. It’s a quick read and provides good, simple reminders to help focus and center what is important in order to live your fullest life.
clowicious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by clowicious »

I went through postpartum depression in 2019 and my husband introduced me to meditation and this book and
My goodness it changed so much for me! Everything I was going through I was getting mad at EVERYONE for things that were their fault, my fault, things that didn’t even have anything to do with me - I was in such a bad place. Reading this small little book helped me to not be so bothered by everything in this world, that’s not how I should live my life, it helped me to be more calm, helped me to focus on ME! It’s a great book! A general book of making a better life for oneself but I think it’s a great start for anyone who strives for it.
Sara Scott
Favorite Book: The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
Currently Reading: Marilyn Manson & Me
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-scott.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sara Scott »

I've heard about 'The Four Agreements' before, but I didn't realize it was from Miguel Ruiz. A friend of mine suffers from anxiety and she has a copy of the four everywhere - on her bathroom mirror, on her phone - so she can read then over when she needs them, like a mantra.
I'm assuming this is where she got it. I'll have to read it and I definitely know others who could benefit from it, especially after @clowicious review.

Return to “Discuss Authors”