Robert Jordan...

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
chongjasmine
Bookshelf Size: 0

Robert Jordan...

Post by chongjasmine »

Anyone like this author?
hamzaibad5
Currently Reading: Piranesi
Bookshelf Size: 64

Post by hamzaibad5 »

Love Wheel of Time. I haven't read anything non-Wheel of Time from him like his takes on Conan but I think what he achieved with his 15-book series (granted, some of it was written by Brandon Sanderson ON Jordan's notes) was amazing. Its not for everybody though. Some of the ideas can be a bit dated (the binary and gendered nature of the world) but even that was done purposely to inject some irony into the story (his takes on women-lead societies are usually positive; and he plays the 'men are stupid' and 'women are stupid' angle from both parties in his world, which is only human)
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

I don't know if I like him or dislike him. I listened to his Wheel of Time Series. I think I made the wrong decision to do that because even though I didn't dislike the series I can't see myself picking it back up. Plus, I have heard from numerous people to not try to watch the show.
[-Jade-]
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by [-Jade-] »

My partner is currently reading his Wheel of Time series (all 15) for the 3rd time in his life and loving every minute of it. I have only read the beginning of the first one myself, but I plan to read them through eventually. Another friend of mine also loves Wheel of Time. Both are also Brandon Sanderson fans.

Return to “Discuss Authors”