Which author do you constantly recommend?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Cathy Burgin
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jana DeLeon
Favorite Book: FOLLY
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 520
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathy-burgin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 5500

Re: Which author do you constantly recommend?

Post by Cathy Burgin »

I recommend Jana DeLeon and her Miss Fortune series. This books are hilarious and a great way to unwind and relax. The characters are hilarious and I find myself laughing out loud when I read these books.
Sameeha Ismail
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

I am constantly recommending Brandon Sanderson. I do that a lot when I'm around my sister. Now she is frustrated even with his name. lol.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
Michaela Murphy 2
Currently Reading: The Ritual
Bookshelf Size: 117

Post by Michaela Murphy 2 »

HD Carlton. I fell in love with her after reading Satans Affair and then I read everything she has written. It's not for everyone but I fell in love!
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 150%

Post by Runan »

Depends on the person's interest of genre. I recommend based on the genre they are interested to read. For example, for children, I always recommend Enid Blyton's books and Harry Potter books. Therefore, I don't have a single author whom I recommend constantly to everyone.
Runan
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Pioneering Nonprofit AI Initiatives: A Guide to Generational Diversity, Ethics, and Collaboration by Ainsley K. Hines
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Robert Galbraith. This is J.K. Rowling with thriller stories that are fantastic.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Pioneering Nonprofit AI Initiatives: A Guide to Generational Diversity, Ethics, and Collaboration by Ainsley K. Hines
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Robert Galbraith. This is J.K. Rowling with thriller stories that are fantastic.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Mary-le
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Mary-le »

Colleen Hoover's writing is emotionally charged, drawing readers into complex and heartfelt narratives with ease. Her ability to tackle difficult topics with sensitivity and authenticity is commendable, creating stories that resonate long after the final page. With compelling characters and powerful storytelling, Hoover consistently delivers unforgettable reading experiences.
I recommend her to everyone :) .
Who is yours?
pckidhk
Currently Reading: The Jade Rabbit
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by pckidhk »

RD Wingfield

He wrote only 6 novels, but the ones he did write are rich with style, psychological depth and character. He also managed to have multiple story threads interweaved artfully and authentically.

Shame he wrote so few books.
Dennis Nickerson
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Cruel Romance
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennis-nickerson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Dennis Nickerson »

I would most certainly recommend the brilliant author, Jack Winnick. His first published novel was East Wind in 2010, followed by five sequels. Although they are fiction, the science and technology are real and the scenarios are plausible. They are fast-paced and very enjoyable to read. Winnick’s credentials and lifetime achievements in chemical engineering and scholarship on Middle East affairs afford him the expertise to pen such thrilling and realistic novels.
Lily Walker 1
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 225
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-walker-1.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Lily Walker 1 »

For people just getting into reading, especially fantasy, I ALWAYS recommend either Sarah J Maas (I know she’s very popular already) or Leigh Bardugo. Two very popular authors, but for good reason. Their books are extremely easy to read and keep people entertained the whole way through. For people who are not just starting out reading, I recommend Donna Tartt or Brandon Sanderson. Their writing is beautiful and truly paints a picture for the reader.
Adéla Kapicová
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ad-la-kapicov.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Adéla Kapicová »

S. J. Mass, because her stories keep hitting me harder and harder. The plots and twist, the characters... And no, I'm actually not there for the romance. I'm there for the string stories and fantastic heroes.

Return to “Discuss Authors”