Author Appreciation!

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Sufi_khan
Favorite Book: The Da Vinci Code
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sufi-khan.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Re: Author Appreciation!

Post by Sufi_khan »

I used to read a book a day in my student days. I have submitted some written pieces as well and got them published, like short poems and the like. And then life happened. Marriage, children, a career, and I did not realize when I stopped reading, but it just happened. So the stats about non-readers are not surprising. I really appreciate what Scott Hughes has done here, and all those involved in this site, authors and readers alike. I have rediscovered my passion, and I realize how much of rust had gathered on my reading lenses. I am amazed by the work coming through here. To all authors out there, I'm cheering for you!
peter Novler
Favorite Book: Heartaches
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-novler.html
Latest Review: Conflict on the Yangtze by Greg Kater

Post by peter Novler »

Thank you so much Scott for creating such a lovely site . This is another home. And to all authors who are building our community and giving us something to digest .It's such a blessing!
vermontelf
Currently Reading: The faerie wand
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermontelf.html
Latest Review: The Follower by L. Hillis

Post by vermontelf »

Absolutely, I love this site. Thank you to Scott for starting it, thank you to the readers who share their opinions and questions, and most of all, thank you to the authors for allowing me to have a whole library at my disposal!
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

All readers should appreciate the work that authors do. It takes time and energy to write a book and I am sure that all authors have a time that they do not want to write or have ideas as to what to write. Thank you to each author that has shared anything here!
tjportugal
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjportugal.html
Latest Review: Mister Sleepy by Jane Alice

Post by tjportugal »

Before choosing the next book, I always check the reviews already published.
This site is a goldmine of literature and reading experiences.
I have to thank Scott and the authors for allowing readers to get free access to some books and even getting paid for some of the reviews. :tiphat:
To read or not to read? That's not even a question!
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I firstly wanna thank the creators of this amazing platform, without which reading and reviewing would have been less fun and rewarding. Though I am new here, I have got to learn so many things. I genuinely wanna thank the authors for giving me the privilege to read and review their books..
Amy Murdoch Coleman
Favorite Book: Circe
Currently Reading: Hannah's War
Bookshelf Size: 6988
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-murdoch-coleman.html
Latest Review: Caretaker by George Farrell

Post by Amy Murdoch Coleman »

This is such a fantastic website, and it really feels like an honor to be asked by authors to continue writing reviews on Amazon and other sites! My husband is an aspiring author, and I can only hope that someone is as genuine and honest with his work as this team has been on the reviews I've read lately!
Nama Winnie
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nama-winnie.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Nama Winnie »

I have been on the site for a few months now and cruising the streets on here, has quickly become a favorite pastime.

Is there a way to get more African Literature on these shelves. There is an abundance of great books and authors whose work is absolutely amazing.
MrsTurner2013
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsturner2013.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by MrsTurner2013 »

I know the post is long over, but the sentiment of it is still relevant. I feel authors do not get enough appreciation. They are such masters at stirring imagination and coming up with thought provoking ideas. They are so kind to allow us free access to their work and welcoming both criticism and praise from complete strangers. They are such a big part of my life. I truly want to thank them, but words are inadequate.

I haven't had any experience with this website outside of just coming upon it during a Google search, but I will definitely spread the word about it. This is an amazing site for both authors and readers! I truly feel at home on this website.

Scott, you are just as important to this site as the authors and reviewers. You have started something truly amazing. Thank you!
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

Thank you to all the authors.
I personally appreciate that they made it able for us to read and review their books at no cost.
Hope you all prosper in what you like to do, and most importantly, writing career.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
angelbhengu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelbhengu.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by angelbhengu »

I've discovered that I like reading book genres that I wouldn't ordinarily read because of brilliant reviews that are written about the books on this site.
Vivian Amponsah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Vivian Amponsah »

I really love this page. I never ever imagined my questions for Rob White my favorite author could ever reach him. But this page made it Possible. And Scott I love your reviews so much, it is my guide to become a good reviewer. I also love your hard work and commitment to the page. You are awesome Scott Hughes.
TusharJoshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tusharjoshi.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by TusharJoshi »

Want to use this as an opportunity to thank Scott for creating such an amazing site. Great job man. Works wonder for both readers and writers!
Mutuma Clare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutuma-clare.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Mutuma Clare »

Thanks to this website I have become a better reader. Since joining I have read more books than I initially was. Looking forward to more engagement on the site
Sonia_Gonzalez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Thank you Scott for creating this site, and thank you to every author and reader that have helped keeping it running.

Return to “Discuss Authors”