Author Appreciation!

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Re: Author Appreciation!

Post by Katherine Smith »

I love this site and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it. I never would have known that there are other people out there who love books as much as I do. I also would have never known about Brian O' Hare and his awesome book series. I can't wait to read more books especially in genres that I would have never considered. Thank you! :D
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
christinac_2585
Currently Reading: City of Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christinac-2585.html
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by christinac_2585 »

Katherine Smith wrote:I love this site and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it. I never would have known that there are other people out there who love books as much as I do. I also would have never known about Brian O' Hare and his awesome book series. I can't wait to read more books especially in genres that I would have never considered. Thank you! :D
Hi Katherine! I feel the same way. I started a little over a month ago and I have read four of five books that I would not thought of reading if it wasn't for other people in the community discussing them. What is great, is that more and more people join everyday and the discussions are great!
"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
- Anna Quindlen
Latest Review: "The firstborn" by Helena K Workman
Vildah
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vildah »

I love the website. I think its amazing Scott. Well done. Out of the Dark is incredible and quite fascinating. Thank you
ItsJames00

Post by ItsJames00 »

hello Chetan Bhagat Thanks for write an romantic novel names One Indian girl . i really enjoy this novel and appreciated with your work
Nwoko Solomon Ikechu
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-solomon-ikechu.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Nwoko Solomon Ikechu »

You are correct Scott, this site is helping both writers and readers to get along in book writing and reading success.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
hepto
Currently Reading: Hiramic Brotherhood: Ezekiel's Temple Prophesy
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by hepto »

Thank you very much Scott Hughes for your motivation,inspiration and psychological development in me through reading your books.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

Well said. I always make a point of buying authors I like. Writing is so much work, and you put such a big part of who you are into the work, and at the end of the day, many writers make enough to buy a cup of coffee a couple times a year. The one who make more often are constantly promoting their books, going to signings, doing the hard work beyond the writing, AND writing sometimes multiple books a year!
Barbiedole
Currently Reading: The One (The Only One) #1
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbiedole.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Barbiedole »

I tried but I didn't win anything. Maybe next time.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
P0tt3ry
Favorite Book: The Dresden Files
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p0tt3ry.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by P0tt3ry »

Thank you, Scott, for creating and maintaining this website. Until I discovered it, I had never read a book in ebook format. Because of the authors' generosity, I'm discovering new books every week. The reviews are helpful in trying to decide which books to choose; I never would have read Demon Freaks if the review hadn't made it so enticing.

Thank you, reviewers, authors, and web administrators, for making onlinebookclub such a great community to belong to.
Sanyesto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanyesto.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Sanyesto »

An amazing site that avails to me spot on books which I might have never come across had I not been a member of this book club. Special thanks to all the author involved in this forum.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

EmilyMae wrote: 23 Jul 2015, 22:03 Thank you very much for creating this site! I just joined and I can already tell it will be really good for me :)
I know this was a few years back but I just recently joined the site in the last few months and I have to say that I LOVE it!!! I agree thanks for making the site and thanks to all the authors and to all the readers who make it such a great site!
Cate Mbevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate-mbevi.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Cate Mbevi »

I adore authors. I adore books. I adore this site. Discovering this site gave me a second life.
Lgs1089
Favorite Book: The Buried Secrets of Peonies
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Ink Spills
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lgs1089.html
Latest Review: Long Distance Flyer, G-EBFO. ISBN 978-1-78222-456-3 by Kenneth T Ward
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lgs1089 »

I first took notice of Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane after reading the official review by ReviewerDiksha on this site. There was something intriguing about a coming-of-age novel that focused on socioeconomic struggle, but also introduced conflicts of racism, abuse, and a teenage extramarital affair. I love how a lot of the reviews read personable. The best reviewers always share a little something about themselves on a personal level that ties into what they've read and it makes for a humanized, sincere experience. I trust the reviewers, and that's important. I've been introduced to so many great authors because of onlinebookclub.org. Bleeding Gull: Look, Feel, Fly by Raed Anis Aljishi, Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base, Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley, and Long Distance Flyer, G-EBFO by Kenneth T. Ward have been great reads, and although different by genre, each served to teach me a little something I didn't know before I read them. Thank you to Raed Anis Aljishi, R.D. Base, Len Foley, and Kenneth T. Ward for giving me the opportunity to read the result of your hard work. I'm looking forward to being introduced to many more authors through this site, and I hope to continue to be able to make new recommendations to family, friends, and colleagues. I would like to give a huge thanks to all the authors for making onlinebookclub.org possible.
L.G. Stewart
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." :wine:
Ain03
Currently Reading: The Expansion

Post by Ain03 »

Thank you authors, with out you I would be seriously bored. I thrive on reading, and I always get super excited when I find a new author.
Yicheng Liu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yicheng-liu.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Yicheng Liu »

This is definitely one of the best book reading sites out there. Thank you for making this site and huge thanks to all the authors who was a part of this project.

Return to “Discuss Authors”