Author Appreciation!

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
B3cca 3ll3r
Favorite Author: Jacob Abbott
Currently Reading: Ivy and Pepper
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b3cca-3ll3r.html
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
fav_author_id: 21085

Re: Author Appreciation!

Post by B3cca 3ll3r »

Scott you are a genius! This site is great and the people are all so smart and seem really open to opinions! Thank you so much for the great site and the great opportunity to be part of it! Also a special shout out to all the authors, thanks to you guys for giving us great things to read! Also, is there any chance this site could one day have an app?
Latest Review: "Around the world adventures of Max & Jack FRANCE" by Emily F Overton
Nishan Dass
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nishan Dass »

Thanks for this.
javedali9818

Post by javedali9818 »

hello, Scott

Nice to read your content such a beautiful words i haven't read before.

Thanks for sharing
Joliedesu
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joliedesu.html

Post by Joliedesu »

So happy to have found this site, seems like a really nice community for readers and I can tell by this post that you really do take it seriously which I like it even better :)
slygirl414
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slygirl414.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by slygirl414 »

I am new to OBC but am already in love! I am an avid reader and am never without my Kindle or a book (sometimes both!). I cannot wait to find all the treasures this site has. I have the utmost respect for all the authors and love this original post from Scott.
Wist
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Wist »

Hello from a newbie to the site!

The statistics do look rather sad. It can be hard at times to find readers, especially when your immediate network of friends and family don't read at all. But I haven't given up on getting them to start, not because I want them to read my books, but because the joy of reading isn't something to be missed out on in life. Thank you for gathering so many awesome people with this same interest together with this site. =)
baasil999
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baasil999.html

Post by baasil999 »

Yes, I really like this site and thank Scott
MJameus

Post by MJameus »

As a new member I certainly appreciate this site and group. Thank you for making it what it is for everyone's benefit.
baasil999
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baasil999.html

Post by baasil999 »

Scott, this is one of the best book reading sites as well as get paid for it. I have tried many other sites and all other are scams or unlicensed . Anyway I love reading, like your site a lot and keep the good work. :D :D :D :D

-- 23 Sep 2015, 22:32 --

Scott, this is one of the best book reading sites as well as get paid for it. I have tried many other sites and all other are scams or unlicensed . Anyway I love reading, like your site a lot and keep the good work. :D :D :D :D
xxisutaju
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xxisutaju.html

Post by xxisutaju »

Thank you so much for creating this site. I only recently joined this website but from what I have seen this website is a great resource for any and all who love to read. I have already found quite a few books I plan on reading and I hope to find many more. Also, I agree that the cover plays a huge role in how we decide which books to read or which books to put back on the shelf. Personally, when looking through my local bookstore I tend to look at the cover. If the cover catches my eye I'll pick it up and read the synopsis and flip through the first couple of chapters. If I like what I read then I'll take the book home with me, and it nothing piques my interest then I'll set the book back down and move on. This is why the Shop By Cover section of the site is a very useful tool for me. I actually started reading Mark of the Remaker by Ian Yamagata and also A Wandering Warrior by Harry E. Gilleland Jr. and can't wait to finish them and move on to the next great story.
brenniewinters
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by brenniewinters »

We have had 3 journalist and writers in our family and we encourage each other-thank you to all Authors including myself who help others read and have a richer life.
emnn29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emnn29.html

Post by emnn29 »

Thank you for this site at times i feel like i'm the only person reading. I would like to sit down at times and just discuss a book i've read
charysma_lilly
Favorite Author: too many....
Currently Reading: Before I Fall
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charysma-lilly.html

Post by charysma_lilly »

I'd like to thank all the authors on this site and not only. Without them, most of us would get bored. So THANK YOU ! And the same big THANK YOU to all the admins for building this community and to all the other readers around here ('coz I can share my thoughts with ya'all :) )

yup... i'm in the Thank You - mode :)
iamjennie1
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien

Post by iamjennie1 »

Thanks! This site is great!
Trypsin
Reading Device: B0134RE54W

Post by Trypsin »

charysma_lilly wrote:I'd like to thank all the authors on this site and not only. Without them, most of us would get bored. So THANK YOU ! And the same big THANK YOU to all the admins for building this community and to all the other readers around here ('coz I can share my thoughts with ya'all :) )

yup... i'm in the Thank You - mode :)
Echo that as a reader, and would add a big THANKS to all book readers because without readers, authors would be stuck in the mud! OBC is a great site for reminding authors that they are first and foremost - readers.

Return to “Discuss Authors”