First Favorite Author/Current Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Re: First Favorite Author/Current Favorite Author?

Post by briellejee »

First favourite was Sidney Sheldon. Currently, it's Haruki Murakami. I need someone to discuss Murakami's works.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Jesscar6
Currently Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscar6.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jesscar6 »

My first favourite author was probably Michelle Paver.
At the moment it's Terry Schott and Susanne Valenti.
Allie_L
Currently Reading: The Name of the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Allie_L »

After reading The Outsiders in middle school I quickly decided that I simply had to read the rest of SE Hinton's books, and hence a reading addiction was born. Now I read so much amazing stuff that I don't think I could ever pick a current favourite.
Fashfaith97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Fashfaith97 »

My first favorite author was Erin Hunter. My friends would play Warrior Cats during recess, and I got pulled into the fray and that series was my favorite series for the longest time. I loved how Erin Hunter was able to tap into a cat's mind and really just create a story so big and so immersive as if she was the cat herself. Even to this day, Warrior Cats is still with me. There were so many different types of characters and the world was just really well written. And even though I have always loved to read, that series really enhanced my love for books even more.

I've read so many series from so many different authors since them. But one that has really stuck with me and has continued to impress me with her work, is Jennifer L. Armentrout. She is just such a brilliant storyteller. She's written about aliens, gargoyles, Greek mythology, Fae, and contemporary novels as well. But it's not just her amazing ability to create such all these different worlds, but some of the best characters as well. She has a talent for creating such strong and well developed, female protaganists, main characters that I can connect with so well. But if I have to confess my real reason for why I love her books so much, is because of the guys. From Daemon Black to Aiden St. Delphi, these guys are some of the most swoon-worthy guys to exist in all of bookland. They are all so dynamic and very very handsome. They are sarcastic, handsome and just all around amazing guys. I can easily read anything she written and completely lose myself in whatever story she's created.
Cate Mbevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate-mbevi.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Cate Mbevi »

My first favourite author was Danielle Steel, then John Grisham and currently Dean Koontz
Maja Saveva
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Maja Saveva »

Current is Fyodor Dostoevsky. Great mind, interesting theories, amazing vocabulary.
cpivie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by cpivie »

"Carolyn Keene" was my first obsession, although I suppose that's cheating since it is really a collective pseudonym. Regardless, the Nancy Drew series is the first series I can remember obsessing over and re-reading constantly. My current obsession is Gretchen Rubin; I am trying to read everything of hers that I can get my hands on, and I love her podcasts and emails too! She is so down to earth, and so witty, and I just appreciate her honest and open approach to life.
kjs237
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjs237.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by kjs237 »

As a kid I loved any kind of fairy tale so I would say that the brothers Grimm or H.C. Anderson were my favorites. I really loved it when my grandmother would read them to me because she always changed the ending so I wouldn't know what was going to happen. Her version of Little Red Ridding Hood still gives me the shivers. I have many favorite authors but overall, Mr. King is my favorite. That man can write anything and I will read it.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

My first favorite author was Laura Ingalls Wilder. Now I have a few, including Anne Tyler, John Irving, Stephen King, and Dean Koontz.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

My very first favorite author that I can recall was Roald Dahl. I think I read all of his books for children.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

my first favorite author was Sidney Sheldon and right now it's Jo Nesbo. I have read all books by Sheldon and now I aspire to complete all books by Nesbo too. go and read snowman if you haven't already. It's worth your time.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
khushiiipawar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushiiipawar.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by khushiiipawar »

My current favorite author for now would definitely be Adam Guest.
I read his Worldlines. He has done true justice to the sci fi fantasy genre. The way he has with story telling is great.
emidio125
Favorite Book: Tortured in Ashram
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio125.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by emidio125 »

Ivan Turguenev and Mathews Tysz
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

My first favourite author would be Tayma Tameen. She is still my current. I'm starting to like Matthew Tysz, his beatiful quotes in the book, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies which is by him. I love his description of stories too.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin

Return to “Discuss Authors”