First Favorite Author/Current Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Aimeeannbooks
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimeeannbooks.html

First Favorite Author/Current Favorite Author?

Post by Aimeeannbooks »

I'm very curious to hear about everybody's first (remembered) favorite author, as well as their current favorite author!
I've been an avid reader ever since I was a baby, practically, and so I can tell you for sure Dr. Seuss was my very first favorite. I've Got a Wocket in My Pocket is still one of my most beloved book.
My current favorite will have to go to A.G. Howard. She's an author who takes classic tales and turns them modern. She just finished her Alice and Wonderland series: Splintered. Now she's working on a Phantom of the Opera series: Roseblood. In fact, I'm expecting a package with her newest book to come in the mail today. It's a Gothic novel called Architects of Song. And I just can't wait to devour it!

aimeeann
Jvt-booklover
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvt-booklover.html

Post by Jvt-booklover »

My first favorite author was Sharon K Penman. Her historical fiction is amazing, so detailed and accurate. The are also not easy r add which I find wonderful. My current favorite author is Joel Rosenberg. His Christian thrillers are great. They keep you on the edge of your seat and are totally realistic. My only problem with his are that I totally neglect my responsibilities if I start reading one of his books.
BarbaraBrien
Currently Reading: The Underground Railroad
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by BarbaraBrien »

My first favorite author that I can remember was Anne McCaffrey; she was my favorite author for a long time. Since then, I've had many authors that I love - Georgette Heyer, Elizabeth Moon, Connie Willis, Terry Pratchett, JK Rowling. I cannot say that I have one actual favorite author now.
Garima Om

Post by Garima Om »

My Favorite Author is Om Swami.
You have to read any one of his books to know what I mean. His Memoir - " If Truth Be Told : A Monk's Memoir" is the greatest memoirs of our times. Don't just trust me, read it to believe it.

Or just go to his blog , where He writes on spirituality, relationships, emotions, self-help, Self - Realization and much more. Just pick any post and You will know what I mean,
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

My first favorite author was Stephen King, my current favorite is J. R. Ward.

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

AC Doyle. I first got my hands on Sherlock Holmes when I was in school and after that I became a bookworm. This is what started it for me. And there is no end to it now. I can't imagine life without books.
Angela Stripes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 04073">The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf</a>
Currently Reading: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-stripes.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Angela Stripes »

I remember falling in love with Erin Hunter's Warriors series. They're still pretty high up there for me, though not Hunter's latest works. The oldest stuff is the best. Since then, D.J MacHale, Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis, Gerald Morris (who rewrites King Arthur legends, brilliant stuff, easy read) have climbed up to the "favorites" status. Louis L'Amour has a really classic style that feels grandfatherly, but there's really only one of his titles I could call a favorite: The Walking Drum.
yodit
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by yodit »

My first favorite author has to be Mary Pope Osborne and the Magic Tree House series. I vividly remember waking up every morning in the summer and reading one of her books for 30 minutes, racing my brother to see who could get farther.
Angela Stripes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 04073">The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf</a>
Currently Reading: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-stripes.html

Post by Angela Stripes »

yodit wrote:My first favorite author has to be Mary Pope Osborne and the Magic Tree House series. I vividly remember waking up every morning in the summer and reading one of her books for 30 minutes, racing my brother to see who could get farther.
I used to love those!
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

My first favorite was Ann M. Martin who wrote the Baby-Sitters Club books. Currently, I enjoy reading Karen Kingsbury's books.
BelindaC
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belindac.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by BelindaC »

The first author I remember having as a real favourite was R.L. Stine. I remember going to the library as a child to seek out every Goosebumps book I could find. Currently I don't really have a specific favourite as it varies greatly by mood, but some authors who can tempt me to pick up a book when I see their name on it are Stephen King, James Luceno, and Timothy Zahn.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

My first favorite author was E.A. Poe, not because of his stature in the world of short story writing, but because he was the first discovered. He whetted my appetite for reading, and as I gobbled up any book at hand, it became hard now to choose a favorite author.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

I suppose my first favourite author was 'anon' as I was introduced to reading and being read to through fairy-tales and legends. I also remember an anthology called 365 Goodnight Stories that I still think of with nostalgic fondness - especially remembering the story of Pippa the Puppet who had her strings untangled just in time for Christmas!
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
easy75

Post by easy75 »

Angela Stripes wrote:I remember falling in love with Erin Hunter's Warriors series. They're still pretty high up there for me, though not Hunter's latest works. The oldest stuff is the best. Since then, D.J MacHale, Jane Austen, C.S. Lewis, Gerald Morris (who rewrites King Arthur legends, brilliant stuff, easy read) have climbed up to the "favorites" status. Louis L'Amour has a really classic style that feels grandfatherly, but there's really only one of his titles I could call a favorite: The Walking Drum.
The Walking Drum was awesome! He's so well known for Westerns, but that book was probably his best IMO.
My first favorite was probably J.R.R. Tolkien when I was little, and nowadays... I don't know, maybe Junot Diaz? Or maybe Richard Ford? Or maybe still Tolkien Lol.
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

First favourite was Tolkien. Got me with Hobbit. Currently there are two: Charles de Lint and Robin Hobb.

Return to “Discuss Authors”