Do you have a favorite YA author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
nguyenttv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you have a favorite YA author?

Post by nguyenttv »

Eva Ibbotson is great if you're into historical fiction. 'The Secret Countess', 'A Company of Swans' and 'The Morning Gift' in particular are 3 of her books that I continually go back to
melel_jo
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melel-jo.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by melel_jo »

Scott Westerfeld has been my favorite YA author since middle school. The Uglies trilogy and Leviathan trilogy are my favorite of his works.
“... a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.” ― A Game of Thrones
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

I don't really have a favourite YA author, I mostly just read recommendations but I would say I really like Leigh Bardugo's work.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

I have too many favorite YA authors! Neal Shusterman, Leigh Bardugo, Marissa Meyer, and Marie Lu are among my top favorites.
~Roxie~
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

R Lawrence wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 00:49 There are so many to pick from. I have to say as I get older I think that my favorite YA author is Sarah J Maas but Rick Riordan, Marie Lu, and Marissa Meyer are certainly up there.
Definitely agree! Sarah J Maas does have very exciting storylines and characters. Rick Riordan is a classic, and I will always love Marissa Meyer’s Lunar Chronicles as well as Marie Lu’s creative dystopian worlds.
~Roxie~
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger »

I love The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, Off-Campus series by Elle Kennedy, A Court of Thorns & Roses and The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas, as well as books by Suzanne Collins, basically anything written by John Green and dabble occasionally in other lesser known authors because there is always someone new who brings something kinda new to the table.
sevillagirl18
Currently Reading: China rich girlfriend
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevillagirl18.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by sevillagirl18 »

Has to be Tahereh Mafi for me. If you haven't read her Shatter Me series, you're totally missing out! When I found out she had continued the series past what I had though was the finale I was so excited, and she hasn't disappointed!
sevillagirl18
Currently Reading: China rich girlfriend
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevillagirl18.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by sevillagirl18 »

Has to be Tahereh Mafi for me. If you haven't read her Shatter Me series, you're totally missing out! When I found out she had continued the series past what I had thought was the finale I was so excited, and she hasn't disappointed!
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

One of my favourite, if not my favourite, would be Jade Lomax. I discovered her through her Leagues and Legends saga and basically eat through them. It was a refreshing take on the "folk heroes reimagined" trope that I really needed after some slow and cliché reads.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

I enjoy Sara Sheppard's YA series.
emaillistdata
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by emaillistdata »

My favorite YA autor Sabaa Tahir. I like there greater writing. Thanks
Catreeves16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catreeves16.html
Latest Review: No Reprieve: by Inge-Lise Goss
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Catreeves16 »

I have read and re-read the River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergren. I like YA books because there is less profanity and graphic scenes, but it is still entertaining to me.

I found this author through a free e-book when I was well into my thirties, and fell in love with this series (to the point I borrowed a name for my son)! The author is also very down to earth and active on Facebook pages. She has responded personally to messages and is a very encouraging person. I absolutely recommend her historical books.

Return to “Discuss Authors”