Where do you think authors get their inspiration?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
G Duda
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-duda.html
Latest Review: From Burnout to Belonging by Kimberly Carozzi

Re: Where do you think authors get their inspiration?

Post by G Duda »

Speaking as a hobbyist writer, & an author who's been published before (in short story anthologies, as a child, under a different name), the answer is: everywhere. We get inspiration from everywhere. Some of my inspiration comes from music, some comes from just daydreaming, & some comes from my own experiences. Art & movies influence me too, & even other writers bring out my imagination. My biggest one is probably spite, it's how I got into writing poetry in the first place, out of spite for a person who shared my name who's poetry is so bad I felt ashamed of myself despite not even going by that name anymore. Really, anything & everything can be a source of inspiration if you just know how to look at it.
Runan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 150%

Post by Runan »

It could be something that provokes them in real life or something that pops up in their dreams that they find fascinating. I think authors have high level of imaginative ability.
Runan

Return to “Discuss Authors”