R.L. Stine

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Stacey Bloom
Currently Reading: An Echo in the Darkness(The Mark of the Lion Series #2)
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: R.L. Stine

Post by Stacey Bloom »

I remember I read all the goosebumps books in the school library. He was my dream.
Harley-Panda
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by Harley-Panda »

I used to love the Goosebumps books whilst I was at school! I believe there was also a Goosebumps TV show in the UK a few years ago, but I didn't watch it regularly.
Also, R.L. Stine also wrote some books in the Point Horror series which is for older readers which were really good, definitely would recommend them
I go to seek a Great Perhaps
Swat3737
Favorite Book: Mists of avalon
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swat3737.html
Latest Review: Sherlock and I A Memoir of Medical Mysteries in a US Rural Practice by Frederick Kassis, MD

Post by Swat3737 »

I loved RL Stine’s horror books when I was in middle school, they were so creepy and quick! But I never got into the Goosebumps series. I definiteky think he’s a great author for young adults
"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
decafmama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-decafmama.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by decafmama »

He was my FAVORITE author as a kid! I even kept some of my favorite books of his to share with my own kiddos as they get older. Along with R.L. Stine, Christopher Pike was another horror Young Adult author I was obsessed with.
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

Never read the books. But used to watch the TV show when I was in school and was the scariest thing at that time.
Joe Hadithi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-hadithi.html
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo

Post by Joe Hadithi »

Haha, love how everyone loved the Goosebumps. In boarding school, having one gave you kingly powers as people begged to be in line to read it.
Latest Review: Ironing by Navajo
Salma M
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Salma M »

R.L. Stine is one of my favourite authors.The first novel that i read when i was young was Goosebumps which brought out my love of novels thanks to R.L. Stine.
ShannonHBC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannonhbc.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by ShannonHBC »

Goosebumps was definitely one of my favorite book series when I was in elementary school. To be honest I never thought they were all that great though, just fun to read, but a bit too childish for even an 11-year-old. Or that's what I used to think at least.
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

My brother really loved the Goosebumps books and he talked about them so much that I began to feel like I'd read them myself.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

I got hooked on the TV program s and then on the books!
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
Alexking5157
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alexking5157 »

I think R.L. Stine's books are fantastic for young kids! Their like horror books especially for a mind of a child and when I reasonably them as a child, I could never stop gripping onto it because it always interests you into reading more. Its a fabulous book series and should be read by all young kids!
Jlprince26
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlprince26.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jlprince26 »

I absolutely LOVED R.L.Stine when I was younger. I haven't read a good Goosebumps book in years. I do recommend them to my children, at least the ones that will read. I have some that will read, some that won't and some that are just a bit beyond R.L.Stine. I do wish they would read his books though, they just don't know what they are missing. Of course they did go see the movie, but nope that will NEVER compare to the books!
- "Our children learn from us, teach them well, teach them to read, let them be free, and most importantly let them be children." Jamie Prince
Jezebelle84
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Currently Reading: The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales
Bookshelf Size: 2298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jezebelle84.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill
fav_author_id: 4314

Post by Jezebelle84 »

I didn't read any of the Goosebumps books but I did read his Fear Street books. Those books were among my favorites in Junior High. Now that I think about it, what happened to all those books of his I had?
eastandalchemy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Sir, I'm Not That Kind of Girl! by Mary Lynn Archibald
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eastandalchemy »

decafmama wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 09:58 He was my FAVORITE author as a kid! I even kept some of my favorite books of his to share with my own kiddos as they get older. Along with R.L. Stine, Christopher Pike was another horror Young Adult author I was obsessed with.
R.L. Stine was the best! My parents were so excited that I liked reading and were always buying me these books. I eventually donated several boxes of my collection to a used bookstore. I moved on to Christopher Pike when I was older, she's another of my favorite authors from the teen years. Ever read her book, Witch?
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

Goosebumps used to be my jam!! Night of the Living Dummy was the first book to give me nightmares and a healthy phobia of any and all dolls!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST

Return to “Discuss Authors”