Favorites Series

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
thubley
Favorite Author: Charles Dickens
Favorite Book: Hard Times
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2384

Re: Favorites Series

Post by thubley »

The Amelia Peabody mysteries by Elizabeth Peters
Va_treehugger

Post by Va_treehugger »

Am hooked on series. Any series. Some of the current I am working through are:

-CJ Boxx (Joe Pickett Series)
-John Sanford (Virgil Flowers Series)
-Nelson DeMille (John Corey Series)
-George RR Martin (Game of Thrones Series)
SURY
Favorite Author: Saul Bellow
Favorite Book: Les Miserables
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 7473

Post by SURY »

I used to enjoy reading the "Saint" (Simon Templar) series a lot, once. Also, Kojak, 'Destroyer' series...they were pure simple fun.
And of course, the inevitable, James Bond
proudmom25
Favorite Book: Hard to say so... MANY
Currently Reading: The Gift by Cecilia Ahern
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proudmom25.html

Post by proudmom25 »

sweetpea wrote:The Dark Tower series - Stephen King
I think i might check these books out next. How many books are there to the dark tower series?
~"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves".~
di-blue61

Post by di-blue61 »

Does anyone have any great suggestions for a series to pick up? i tend to lose my focus on books that contain too much fantasy-but i still like it, so if you know of something that has a perfect blend of reality with a touch of sci-fi or fantasy i'd love to hear it!
SURY

Post by SURY »

I too like Dirk Pitt series. A long time back it was "The Saint"' series and J.T.Edson's Captain Dusty series.Kojak, Mike Hammer,
Justine44
Favorite Book: Sons and Lovers -D.H. Laurence
Currently Reading: Portnoys Complaint-Roth

Post by Justine44 »

The Outlander Series-Diana Gabaldon
Anais Nin-And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

Jase - RV for us stands for Redneck Vacation.
GriffSizemorre
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Favorite Book: The Confession
Currently Reading: The Runaway Jury
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by GriffSizemorre »

The "Hunger Games" series and "Vampire Diaries" series
through the wormhole

Post by through the wormhole »

I love the Mitford series and now Jan Karon's Father Tim series. When a friend lent me a copy of 'At Home in Mitford' with the comment 'it's about an Episcopal priest in a small town, it will make you laugh, cry, and everything in between' , I took it home because we are great friends and have similar tastes in books. I immediately fell in love with Mitford, Father Tim, Cynthia, Dooley, Emma, Mule, JC, Percy, Velma, Esther, Uncle Billy, Rose, Miss Sadie, Louella and the list goes on. The character development is remarkable. Karon's painting with words makes you feel as though Mitford is home and the people are a dysfunctional menagerie of family and friends with whom you go through the ups and downs of life. If there really were a Mitford, I would love to retire there.
SURY

Post by SURY »

86steelers43 wrote:I have a few favorites series that I absolutely love and can't get enough of:

1) James Patterson: Alex Cross
2) Michael Connelly: Harry Bosch and Michael Haller
3) Robert B Parker: Jesse Stone
4) Clive Cussler: Dirk Pitt
:D Yes, I too like Dirk Pitt series.
AmandaRose

Post by AmandaRose »

Almost all the books I read are series, with the exception of a few. My favorites are:
1. Fifty Shades of Grey
2. The Mortal Instruments
3. The Hunger Games
4. Twilight

I'm not very hard to please as to what I read. I'll read anything if it's cheesy/romantic/fictional/fantasy.
lanneschubert

Post by lanneschubert »

I loved the perfect chemistry series by simone elkeles. the luxe series by anna godbersen was also very good
Jibril
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jibril.html

Post by Jibril »

i just started ted dekker's the books of mortals series... it is a post apocolyptic series and is a pretty exciting series to me i enjoy the back and forth steady to fast pace of the series..i am new to dekker's writing he is definitely worth checking out!

-- 26 Sep 2012, 03:56 --

i have to say out of all young reader book series' the witch and wizard seris by james patterson is one of the best. it may be his writing style that i like most but the series is definitely a page turner..there is constant action and its pretty fast paced... definitely worth reading

-- 26 Sep 2012, 03:59 --

i have just began reading the dark tower series by stephen king , and i must say i love his works but the first book gunslinger in this series starts off extremely slow. it was almost to the point that i wanted to put it down... with that being said after pushing throught the first 10 or so chapters it picks up and is a good read... not the best king i have read but a pretty good read anyway!

-- 26 Sep 2012, 04:03 --

in reading the fallen seriesby lauren kate the first book is super slow until you are halfway through it... the series as a whole doesnt really have twists or turns and is pretty much the same slow / steady pace all the way through the series.. i have one book left and dont really look forward to reading it just kind of have to becaise of the time i put in to the rest of the series. to me its just another twilight-ish vampire love story... i dont recommend it!
resaleebook

Post by resaleebook »

Bourne ultimatum
Harry potter
Final destination
Phoenix98

Post by Phoenix98 »

After watching The Hunt for Red October and the other movies inspired by Tom Clancy, I read the novels he has written. His non-fictions I have not read. I'm now on the wait list for Threat Vector, which may prove to be his last.

After completing Clancy I wanted more of the spy genre, and took up Wm Buckley's Blackford Oakes series.

I give the nod to Clancy for favorite.
Token conservative

Return to “Discuss Authors”