Interview with Tracy B Evans

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Interview with Tracy B Evans

Post by Scott »

(In the following, Ellen George interviews Tracy B. Evans, author of Fatal Kidnapping.)

I had the opportunity to pose questions to author Tracy B. Evans, whose first novel is Fatal Kidnapping.

ellen - Tracy, when did you decide to write a novel?

Tracy - Not until I turned 30 years old. I always wrote, but never felt my stories were 'good enough' to publish, until Fatal Kidnapping.

ellen - Explain the plot of Fatal Kidnapping for us-

Tracy - It takes place in a small town where everybody knows everyone's business. The main character, Katie Stone, turns up missing, and her father and fiance panic. Her Dad's friend is the town Sheriff, although the Sheriff is really clueless when it comes to law enforcement, he does manage to conduct a search party. After three days, they start to feel the searches are hopeless. Purely by accident, Sheriff Day looks in a condemned, abandoned shed and finds Katie. She insists the sheriff hear the entire story of her kidnapping, because if she didn't tell him everything, he wouldn't believe her. Although he is confused by the request, he consents. Katie admits to the sheriff she was kidnapped by a local man...which is bewildering because the man she identified as her kidnapper has been dead for years! Katie is adamant she is telling him the truth. After an extensive investigation, Sheriff Day believes he has uncovered the entire story...but did he?

ellen - This is a unique take on a kidnapping - were people surprised when you told them you were writing a suspenseful novel?

Tracy - Yes, many people were surprised that I was writing a novel. I kept 'my writings' to myself and ever told anyone that I wrote. My family and close friends backed me 100% and pushed me to achieve my goal when I first told them about Fatal Kidnapping. I strived hard to make Fatal Kidnapping unique.

ellen - Are you planning a second novel?

Tracy - Yes. I am working on one now. It will be another mystery and suspense novel.

ellen - Where do you get your inspiration from?

Tracy - Good question. I do have to say that with Fatal Kidnapping, the inspiration came from within. It came out of nowhere. With my other writing, I sit and ponder. I try to think of different scenarios in daily life that would have a shocking twist. Once I get the basis of the story in my head, I make up my story as I go along.

ellen - In your blogs, you talk about your fans - what do they mean to you?

Tracy - I have met so many wonderful people since becoming a writer, and my fans are fantastic! They constantly push me to write another novel. For them, I will continue to write. I appreciate and adore my personal fans. They are what makes me successful.

ellen - How do you make a character a person? Is it hard to 'get in their minds'?

Tracy - I picture the characters in my head first, then I create them. I try to stick to the original character's picture and go with it. If I create a loving and caring character, I try to show those characteristics throughout the story. I didn't have any problems getting into the Fatal Kidnapping's characters' minds. That came easily to me.

ellen - What is your take on the publishing world of today? Is it hard for young talent to break through?

Tracy - I have heard so many 'horror stories' from other writers, that it is like 'trying to find a needle in a haystack' when trying to get published. I agree with them. It's very hard, but I believe in myself and my story.

It IS very hard for young talent to break through. You have to constantly push yourself on a daily basis. You have to find new ways to promote yourself on a daily basis, and get your name 'out there'. It is very hard to get established as a writer, but a writer can never give up.

ellen - What influences factor in your writing?

Tracy - Mystery and suspense. I absolutely love suspense novels, and I try to factor suspense into all my writing.

ellen - You have a website - how can fans learn more about you and Fatal Kidnapping?

Tracy - My website is www.tracybevans.com and I am also featured on AuthorsDen.

ellen - What advice do you want to give to people who really have a story in them and want to write?

Tracy - "GO FOR IT!" Do not back down - write! Write every single day. If you have a writing block, walk away for a while. Think of your story in your mind, and work out different scenarios. See what works best for you! Believe in yourself and it will happen!

ellen - You are on AuthorsDen and other sites - do you recommend writers - old and new - to participate in them?

Tracy - I do recommend it. All of these websites have helped me to achieve sales on my book, but more importantly, I have made many, many friends.

Thanks Tracy! Fans of Fatal Kidnapping and interested readers will enjoy your words.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Discuss Authors”