Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
PAMELA MUGENI
Favorite Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 2734

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by PAMELA MUGENI »

FAVOURITE AUTHORS
Danielle steel
Stephen king
Sidney Sheldon
Frederick Forysth
Robert Ludlum
Hajar Hosseini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hajar-hosseini.html
Latest Review: Moraturi Lost by Marti Ward

Post by Hajar Hosseini »

As someone who's really into reading, picking just one favorite author is tough. I'm all about philosophical writers like Albert Camus and Franz Kafka, and of course, our own Iranian legend Sadegh Hedayat. But I also dig the thrillers from Stephen King and Sidney Sheldon. I'm a big fan of Isaac Asimov, and of course, a few generations before him, Jules Verne. I enjoy reading the works of Jane Austen and Emily Brontë.
Whenever I dive back into Dostoevsky's works, it's like rediscovering the joy all over again. For me, if I were to choose, among all these different genre, Dostoevsky has managed to strike a beautiful balance between fiction and philosophy. His smooth narrative pulls the reader along while simultaneously delving into deep philosophical discussions expressed through dialogues or characters' internal monologues, elevating him to a first-rate author, at least in literary fiction.
Patricia_Silva
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Metaphase
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patricia-silva.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Patricia_Silva »

I have a few favorite authors of different genres: JK Rowling, Deborah Harkness, Colleen Hoover, Robert Bryndza, Sarah MacLean, Deborah Smith, Isabel Stilwell, Dorothy Koomson, Judith McNaught and Jojo Moyes. In general, I adore their writing styles and the way they bring their characters to life.

Return to “Discuss Authors”