Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
sevillagirl18
Currently Reading: China rich girlfriend
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevillagirl18.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by sevillagirl18 »

I've loved Mary Higgins Clark since I was old enough to read her books. My mom and I have been swapping her novels between the two of us for years :)

One relatively new mystery writer that I've been enjoying a lot recently is Megan Miranda as well. You better clear an afternoon or evening if you're going to read one of her books because they're real page-turners.

Moving into the YA genre, I ADORE Tahereh Mafi. I truly can't recommend her Shatter Me series enough!
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

Favorite unknown Author: E. Jade Lomax.
Found about her online, She has her books up for free on her blog. I started her "League and Legends" Series and immediately fell in love with the characters and the world building. The books were so amazing that after reading them I bought hard copies of all of them so I could lend them out.
I would recommend her to everyone who loves fantasy.
tjportugal
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjportugal.html
Latest Review: Mister Sleepy by Jane Alice

Post by tjportugal »

My favorite author is J R R Tolkien.
Reading LOTR was sort of a literary mystical experience: beautiful vocabulary, outstsandingly articulated into an amazing rectoric, to deliver a one-of-a-kind storyline.
I haven't been able to buy all of his books yet, but I could say that's a goal.
JaimeAlfonzo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaimealfonzo.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JaimeAlfonzo »

I have some favorites:
Herman Hesse
Fedor Dostoevky
Charles Bukowsky, if you are able to write about get drunk and there is a aesthetic image in that, you are a genius
Milan Kundera, Prague book more than French,
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Carlos Fuentes
Issac Asimov
Robert Silverberg
Brando Sanderson
cxsimpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cxsimpson.html
Latest Review: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income by Marina Peters

Post by cxsimpson »

My favorite authors are Jodi Picoult and Khaled Hosseini. They both write realistic fiction and their books always make me think.
Losttraveller
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Losttraveller »

John Green all the way <3
Losttraveller
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Losttraveller »

John Green all the way. Paper Town`s literally saved my life.
Tia+Reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tia+Reader »

i have many favorites but if i had to pick one i would pick J.K Rowling because i have never seen or read a book by an author who has that big of an imagination and, honestly , with her story writing abilities i can imagine the scene right there on the spot and i also feel like I'M on the adventure/event with the characters! i definetly recommend her books:the Harry Potter series and Magnificent Beasts and Where to Find Them. :D :D
Ssndraepitts
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssndraepitts.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by Ssndraepitts »

:twisted: My favorite author is Terry Goodkind. ["]Wizard's First Rule[/"] was the beginning of a journey into fantasy with wizards, queens, dragons, witches and so many more characters. I have read through probably 10 to 12 of his books and am constantly looking for new editions. Mr. Goodkind is an excellent author that keeps you on the edge of your seat and up all night, not being able to put the book down.
Jazimina4
Currently Reading: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jazimina4 »

My favorites Author..
This is an extremely hard question for me.
I loved Melissa Marr. Then I picked up a book by Holly Black.
Growing up I loved and still love books by V.C. Andrews.
Jennifer Donnelly writes some fantastic pieces as well. ^_^
Ivona R
Currently Reading: Clean Water for Developing Countries
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivona-r.html
Latest Review: Restore Trust by Werner NEFF

Post by Ivona R »

My favorite author is Chuck Palahniuk because his novels never fail to amaze me. Even his newest novels amaze me. He also has this witty, sarcastic humor that keeps you engaged. My favorite novel is Survivor.
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

Off the top of my head, Michael Crichton, RA Salvatore, Robert Jordan, and Stephen King.
tx71mi78

Post by tx71mi78 »

There are so many authors I enjoy reading that it is difficult for me to choose. Here's a small list:

James Patterson
John Grisham
Anne Rice
VC Andrews
Mary Higgins Clark
Sydney Sheldon
Tom Clancey
Doris Manderscheid

Post by Doris Manderscheid »

Jean Sasson is one of my absolute favorite authors. Her book is called Princess.
Describing the heart braking story of a real life Princess in Saudi Arabia is one of the most soul stirring works I have read in my entire life. It should be a must read for all females, because the truths revealed in this book about the relations between the genders is described in full honesty without shying away from the obvious misconceptions.
David Vann, wonderful author of: A Mile Down, the operators of sail boats, describing the unbelievable hurdles of seamanship and the trials and tribulations that accompany their often dangerous and sheer unbelievable lives. One of the best books I have read.
Ramsey Flynn, this is an author whose book: Cry from the Deep is right now a book I am reading. What a great find this book is. The author has the very rare talent of pulling the reader into the lives of many people involved in the deadly accident of the Kursk, a Russian submarine that met great disaster. Even though I am just at the beginning of this book I know this will be one of the most meaningful literal works I have ever had the fortune to discover. When Ramsey Flynn describes the men on the submarine and the events around them: I feel like I am right there living their lives, feeling the same, and I swear I can hear the waves, smell the surrounding sea water......
A true gem....
Into thin Air by John Krakauer, what can one say about this book other than that the author is on the very top of the ladder of literary works that he can be on. A master of describing the gut wrenching decisions of ill fated men and women who wanted to ascend Mount Everest and the sheer unbelievable physical injuries they endured as well as having to cope with the most mind breaking effects of high altitude and life and death situations puts this book into a category of its own. A must read.
remimarcelle
Currently Reading: don juan
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by remimarcelle »

To be honest, there are too many to say I have just one favourite author but I can certainly say who have made an impact on me...

I still feel their books in my bones

Philip Pullman
Malorie Blackman
Darren Shan
Tomi Adeyemi

I can't think of more off the top of my head to be honest, but wow, if it wasn;t for these books I'm not sure how I would have survived childhood haha, they fed what was already inside me.

Return to “Discuss Authors”