Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Anna Bookowski »

Hiruni Hansika wrote: 07 May 2021, 11:07
Anna Bookowski wrote: 06 May 2021, 12:06
Hiruni Hansika wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 10:06 It is Agatha Christie the Queen of crime! She has a genius mind! We can never guess what is going to happen in her books. Not only that I love the fact the books are written long ago. I love how she describes the society back then.
Ah, I loved her books when I was a teenager. By pure coincidence - I was a book geek growing up in a small town with a small public library that happened to had quite a big collection of Christie. I didn't read her for many years now but I remember how obsessed I was. Trying to solve criminal stories where every tiny detail counts in times when there was no such thing as Internet - it was a real entertainment!
Oh I wish you get to read her books again 😍🤗
Who knows! I'd like to! It is the pile of the books 'yet to read' which makes it hard, haha!
Danelle Cale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danelle-cale.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Danelle Cale »

Although I did like to read many of the Agatha Christie books my mother had on her shelves I must admit I haven't read her books in many years. I read many different genres but now days I'm more interested in historical novels, especially ones set during medieval times. Kathryn Le Veque is my favorite author to read right now. She has a way of making you fall in love with her characters. She is very descriptive in her books so not only does she provide a well written story, she teaches you many things about medieval life.
calypsogirl78
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-calypsogirl78.html
Latest Review: Guilty When Black by Carol Mersch

Post by calypsogirl78 »

My favorite authors are both of Caribbean descent (I may be biased since so am I lol). They are Paule Marshall and Colin Channer.
dennisbragra
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisbragra.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by dennisbragra »

Dan Brown
photosynthesis19
Currently Reading: A Room of One's Own
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-photosynthesis19.html
Latest Review: The Middle Reaches (Episodes 1-8) by L. Andrew Cooper

Post by photosynthesis19 »

My favorite author is Christopher Paolini, the author of the Eragon tetralogy. From the complexity of the characters and world he has created to the smooth and sophisticated writing style, his books never fail to amaze me, even after rereading them several times. The fact that he started the series at just 16 years of age is even more impressive and taught me that you don't have to be old and wise to publish great books, and that passion and love for writing are just as important.
thepensivist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thepensivist.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by thepensivist »

I am a huge YA nut, so I definitely have to go with Sarah J. Maas as my overall favorite. However, one cannot go with a single author - there are too many greats out there.

Others:
Classics - Jane Austen (love me some romance)
Self-Help - Sean and Stephen Covey (7 Habits changed my life)
Thriller - I actually don't love reading scary books
Criminal/Law - John Grisham (I know, so original)
Poetry - Edgar Allen Poe (dark poetry is the best poetry)

:techie-studyingbrown:
Natalia Nazeem
Favorite Book: The Amulet of Samarkand
Currently Reading: We are Volhuire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-nazeem.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Natalia Nazeem »

It changes from time to time, but I recently discovered Sir Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series, and I have to say that he is my favorite author. His 'Discworld' series is absolutely incredible; the entire series is a satirical commentary of our world, mixed with magic and fantasy, while still providing a revolutionary sense of hope that things can get better. His characters are flawed and human, but still good. All of his characters are well-rounded, complex creatures with rich histories, and my favorite characters are the ones that are normal, like a city policeman, a young wizard in a university, or a witch in a small village. He manages to lift the everyday into something beautiful, and I love his works for it.

Otherwise, I've read most of Stephen King's works, Jonathan Stroud and Philip Pullman are incredible fantasy authors, and Zadie Smith's contemporary fiction is succinct and hilarious, while Arundati Roy's works are far more telling of what we, as a society, tend to gloss over.
alanoodsk
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by alanoodsk »

mine is defiantly Mitch album
Hzrachel
Favorite Book: Shield Down
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hzrachel.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Hzrachel »

My favorite author is John Green. I love the way his books always make you think. I always get to learn a lot from his books.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
tejulove

Post by tejulove »

ROBIN SHARMA,J K ROWLING,M MANSON
Veleno
Favorite Author: C.S. Pacat
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veleno.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
fav_author_id: 9106

Post by Veleno »

I don't usually read multiple works by the same author so it came as a surprise to me when I finished reading Captive prince thrilogy by C. S. Pacat and became enamoured with their writing style. I can't wait for the next series to be fully out! So far only the first part was published, Dark Rise.
Karen Work

Post by Karen Work »

Agatha Christie. I have read her books since I was a teenager and a few years ago, I discovered she wrote under another name, Mary Westmacott. This lead to a whole other kind of writing for her, and reading material for me. One of the great authors of all time, in the company of so many more.
Jason Gibson
Currently Reading: Swarm
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-gibson.html
Latest Review: How My Brain Works by Dr. Barbara Koltuska-Haskin

Post by Jason Gibson »

The classics and historic writers are too many to choose a favorite...
As for modern writers, I have been very fond of the following for their character development and layered background descriptions:
Anne Rice
James S.A. Corey
Last edited by Jason Gibson on 17 Jul 2021, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
Mom2tara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mom2tara.html
Latest Review: Canaries Among Us by Kayla Taylor

Post by Mom2tara »

I've recently read The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah and really enjoyed it. I will now be reading more of her books as she could be a new favorite author of mine.
Vivek Karodi

Post by Vivek Karodi »

I've recently read The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah and really enjoyed it. I will now be reading more of her books as she could be a new favorite author of mine.

Return to “Discuss Authors”