Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
angelbhengu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelbhengu.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by angelbhengu »

Jodi Picoult. She writes relatable novels with teachable moments within the books.
Drixt456
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drixt456.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Drixt456 »

I love J.K. Rowling. The way she writes makes me feel like I have once been in that position. Her stories her easy to understand and relate to.
I also love S.M Goodier and many others. But for my all time writer, I would have to give it to J.K. Rowling.
Iyanudaniel0128
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Iyanudaniel0128 »

My favourite author is definitely John Grisham. He's the best when it comes to legal thrillers. His use of sarcasm is second to none. Not only are his books thrilling and full of suspense, they are always hilarious
Harmony Tolley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Harmony Tolley »

My favorite author since I was a teen is James Patterson. The maximum ride books are definitely my absolute favorite books by him and I recommend them to anyone who likes fantasy/ science fiction books.
Muhammad Anwer
Favorite Book: Hamlet
Currently Reading: Moth Smoke
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Muhammad Anwer »

Mohsin Hamid because he portrays realistic characters
Muhammad Anwer
Favorite Book: Hamlet
Currently Reading: Moth Smoke

Post by Muhammad Anwer »

Robert Browning is my favorite author for his dramatic monologues.
They can be easily dramatized into a one act play. Browning is master of delineating in depth study of the mental state of his characters.
His optimism has become proverbial.
Rav_sid
Favorite Book: Inner engineering
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Rav_sid »

My favorite Author is Sadhguru. He is a Yogi, Mystic and Visionary. Named one of India's 50 most influential people, Sadhguru's work has touched the live of millions worldwide through his transformational programs. An internationally renowned speaker and Author of the NewYork times best seller Inner Engineering, A Yogi's guide to joy. Sadhguru has so many book written on spirituality like Death;An inside story, Karma: A Yogi's guide to crafting your destiny, More than a Life.
Dana Overton
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dana Overton »

My favorite author is Dean Koontz. I love every book of his I have ever read. Following closely would be John Saul and Nora Roberts.
IAmRoseBud

Post by IAmRoseBud »

The master of Macabre.....
Stephen King. I love the magnificent mind of his obscurity and the way he ties some of his stories to relate to other stories he's wrote. Amazes me the things he comes up with.
I also like how he incorporates some of his childhood experiences and memories into his stories.
Khushi V
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-v.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Khushi V »

My favourite author is Robert thier. His book series names storm and silence is just so amazing. Once you start reading you can stop thinking about it.
Alishia Grayer
Currently Reading:

Post by Alishia Grayer »

My favourite authors are Alexis winter and kira archer. I love their writing. I would easily reread their books again.
Its_umsy1
Currently Reading:

Post by Its_umsy1 »

Colleen Hoover. The first author that came to mind. Although I have lots of favourite authors from different genres. For now, Colleen Hoover is number 1. I love how she brings all her characters to life. She's so versatile, one would not believe the same author that wrote Verity wrote It ends with us or even All your perfects!
eugenia liautaud

Post by eugenia liautaud »

Nora Roberts, Diana Palmer, Joan Johnston, Janet Dailey. John Crisham, Daniel Silva, Nelson DeMille, a lot more...
Samuel Mamo
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-mamo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Samuel Mamo »

Trevor Noah!
because he create something we can smile remembering . That is a reall gift!
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

Rav_sid wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 00:11 My favorite Author is Sadhguru. He is a Yogi, Mystic and Visionary. Named one of India's 50 most influential people, Sadhguru's work has touched the live of millions worldwide through his transformational programs. An internationally renowned speaker and Author of the NewYork times best seller Inner Engineering, A Yogi's guide to joy. Sadhguru has so many book written on spirituality like Death;An inside story, Karma: A Yogi's guide to crafting your destiny, More than a Life.
Sadhguru (A Guru) is a life-changer for me! :tiphat:
And, I have also read two books by him - Death: An Inside Story and Karma: A Yogi's Guide to Crafting Your Destiny.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:

Return to “Discuss Authors”