Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Miculete Anemona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miculete-anemona.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Miculete Anemona »

As a literature student, I certainly cannot limit myself to just one author but, if I were to choose the author that left the biggest impression on me, then it is Herman Hesse. Each one of his books carries a certain depth that I wasn't able to find anywhere else but the one that left a big impression on me is Siddhartha. If you haven't read it, I dearly recommend it. It's a short story but it is worth the read!
maria m 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by maria m 6 »

Neil Gamon ranks up high. But it`s hard to keep it at one. There is a myriad of great writers... (It would be easier to make it a list by genre I guess...)

@Miculete Anemona: Yes, Herman Hesse is great. His Steppenwolf used to be a generational book read by most people within a certain age group. Siddharta has been made into a great movie, too. Go see it, in case you haven´t yet...
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

I love Rick Riordan because of the Percy Jackson series. Those books are mind-blowingly interesting and captivating. I wish he could be her on online bookclub.
Cece Maina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cece-maina.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Cece Maina »

My favorite author is John Green, and I can say that I have devoured almost all his books. My favorite book of his is Turtles all the way down, which tackles mental health at large. His novels make me cry, and laugh, and simply feel.
Israel ola2007
Favorite Author: getrude warner
Currently Reading: Sleepy Hollow Mystery
Bookshelf Size: 309
fav_author_id: 241237

Post by Israel ola2007 »

J.K Rowling and Rick riordan
Sara Scott
Favorite Book: The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
Currently Reading: Marilyn Manson & Me
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-scott.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sara Scott »

It was Ken Follett for a time. I loved his historical fiction.
Now I'm full force Stephen King. I was too afraid of what I might read when I was younger, but so glad I dove in during the pandemic. He truly is a masterful storyteller who creates such real and authentic characters.
AllReads
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AllReads »

I do have a lot in different genre but in no particular order, my favorites include
1. Dan Brown
2. Nora Roberts
3. Stuart Woods
4. James Patterson
5. Sandra Brown
6. Victoria Holt
7. Kathryn Nolyan
8. Robert North Patterson

I have forgotten a lot but these are the ones I do keep in my head quite often
AllReads

Post by AllReads »

Dan Brown
Yvonne Mule
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-mule.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Yvonne Mule »

Sidney Sheldon!!!
His books are so well written with so many strong main characters. I choose to believe that he was a feminist since most of, if not all of, his main characters were incredibly intelligent and strong women. I can definitely say that I have never read books as well written as his.

J. K. Rowling gets an honorary mention for the Harry Potter series. Apart from these, I've read "The Casual Vacancy" which was a good read.

Nicholas Sparks also has some good stories if you're looking to cry a little, a lot of which I've consumed as movies and loved and I know the books are most likely better than the movies.
SHERREE HANCOCK
Currently Reading:

Post by SHERREE HANCOCK »

My favorite author is Nicolas Sparks. I love reading his books then watching movies for some of them. My neighbor got me one if his newest books and I cant wait to read it. Has different kinds and they all keep me wanting to keep reading.
iwaswondering04
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by iwaswondering04 »

missmary1979 wrote: 18 Nov 2006, 13:29 I would have to say my favourite author of all time is Jane Austen. Followed by Orwell, Dickens, Jennifer Weiner, Jeffery Deaver, Robert Ludlum, JK Rowling, an Eoin Coffer.

I love all of these authors an many more for different reasons. Each appeal to my various tastes. In regards to Austen, if you've never read Pride and Prejudice, do so. It is insightful, funny, smart, and just very enjoyable.

I am reading it right now, for the fourth time. I read it first when I was twelve, and thought it was okay. Until my mom showed me how to read with voices... After that, you couldn't tear me apart from books. Only ground me. And even then...
iwaswondering04
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by iwaswondering04 »

Ayn Rand became my favorite a couple of years ago, even though I have only read one of her books, Atlas Shrugged.
Another favorite author is Louis Lamour. Gotta love a good frontier book, wherever that frontier is.
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

My list wild be too long to write here. I have a problem picking favorites of anything.

Although I discovered an author recently; Michael Tieman. He wrote the book "Killing Abel" which I thoroughly enjoyed. I look forward to reading more of his work.
bookcollecter74

Post by bookcollecter74 »

My favorite fiction author is the great HP Lovecraft. I enjoy all of his work, even his Supernatural in Literature essay. I have downloaded podcasts that are about his stories and about his letters and I love both of them!!!
Ashley Malia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-malia.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ashley Malia »

Some of my favorite authors include Sharon M. Draper and Kiera Cass. They both write youth fiction novel series. I have read their books via paper back as well as listening to them as audiobooks on repeat. There is something so pure in their writing where, even I, as an adult enjoy it. My favorite book of Kiera Cass is The One. It is the third book of her selection series which reminds me of the Divergent series with a deeper romance. I enjoy four specific books from Sharon M. Draper: Forged By Fire, Copper Sun, The Battle of Jericho, and November Blues. I read Draper's books in high school where I chose to write papers on them. Those books speak about struggles of gender, race, power, age, pregnancies, etc.

Return to “Discuss Authors”