Review of A Love Story between 2 Worlds

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Review of A Love Story between 2 Worlds

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Love Story between 2 Worlds" by Charlie Lord.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Love Story Between 2 Worlds by Charlie Lord is a story of romance, baseball, and spirituality. It tells the story of Charlie and his romantic interest, Peggy. They met in college. Charlie focused on baseball, and Peggy studied hard to prepare for her future. She was attuned to Charlie, however, and would show up at his games to support him without him needing to ask. Charlie seemed to play better when Peggy was there. As time went on, they began to drift apart because of the different tracks their lives went on. However, Charlie and Peggy seemed to have a link that defied the distance. They were perhaps soulmates and would be able to sense each other through a spiritual link. When Peggy goes missing, how will Charlie handle it?

My favorite part of this book was the amount of detail present. I am not super familiar with baseball. Lord did an excellent job explaining what was happening and what different terms meant, so I never felt confused about the game. As much of the book focused on baseball, this was extremely helpful. There were also details about the setting and characters that made other parts of the book feel alive as well.

Lord also explained the ideas of soulmates and spiritual connections in easy-to-understand terms. These themes are prevalent throughout the book, and they deepened Charlie and Peggy's relationship. There was also a list of resources in the back of the book in case the reader wished to learn more. Such a list is always appreciated.

This book, unfortunately, contained many grammatical errors. They included punctuation errors, misspellings, and inconsistency with capital letters. Lord would be wise to spend a bit more time editing this book, as this was the only part I disliked about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I do have to take a star off for the number of grammatical errors that are present in the book. As that is the only negative that I can think of, I am only taking off one star. Fans of baseball would have much to enjoy about this book. Those who have an interest in soulmates and spirituality would also have a lot of fascinating material to digest. This book is free from sexual content and strong language as well, making it appropriate for a larger audience. I believe teenagers and adults alike would be able to enjoy this book.

A Love Story between 2 Worlds
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

A bond so strong has got to be a special one. I wonder if the pair got back together. Thanks for the review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Jenny Koulourioti
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Divergent
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenny-koulourioti.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Jenny Koulourioti »

Sounds interesting! I love a good soulmate, spiritual romance, I will give it a try!
Hee Via
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hee-via.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Hee Via »

a very well written review, i truly enjoyed this and would love to read the book now
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

A beautiful review you’ve got here! Thank you.
I enjoyed the review and believe I’ll enjoy the book too.
Ella Pira
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-omeke.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Ella Pira »

I can't wait to read this book. Your review makes me eager to read the book.
Immaculate Akinyi 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Immaculate Akinyi 1 »

If two people are meant to be it doesn't matter how far they are from each other. Two people who love each other dearly understand the other party even the smallest gestures.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”