Review of The Bond

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rowan The-First
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rowan-the-first.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review of The Bond

Post by Rowan The-First »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Bond" by Sanna Brand.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Rosamund is determined to safeguard the pregnant dog, Tessa, from her father's wrath, which may endanger her and the pups. Thus, she dresses up as a boy and takes Tessa to Ravenscloft farm where she meets Rhys, the son of the Lord of Ravenscloft. A strong friendship and liking ensue between the two. They get separated when Rhys goes to war. Years later, Rhys and Rosie reunite, with many psychological issues having shaped them in their absence. Rhys wants to marry Rosie, but she has secrets that make her hesitate. Her father's financial plans are to force her into making a decision that will impact the rest of her life and those around her.

The Bond by Sanna Brand is a romance novel depicting greed, vengeance, and politics during the British Regency era. When one thinks of family, you think of people who love, care, and respect each other. This story shows that sometimes family is not what you expect it to be. The love towards animals like horses and the way they value them as humans by the main characters are impressive.

What I liked most about this book is the well-developed characters. Sanna Brand skillfully develops the characters in terms of their physical appearances, traits, and background. She is able to depict the villains in a way that makes the reader find it deserving to hate them. The protagonists are caring, courageous, and kind, leaving no choice to the reader but to like them. The story building is great with some unexpected twists that make the story intriguing.

I have a slight dislike about this book which is that the scenes are not developed well enough. I believe it would have been great if the author gave clear descriptions of the scenes, which would have increased the book's engagement.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The Bond is exceptionally well-edited with no errors and has some important lessons on the dangers of being greedy for wealth. I am left with no choice but to rate it perfectly. I recommend this book to readers of romance novels, especially those with settings like that of the British Regency era.

The Bond
View: on Bookshelves
What's the reason for your creation, Who really created you and why. Kind regards, That's Rowan of Islam. :?: :tiphat:
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Laney K »

I quite enjoy romance with a historical setting, so this sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Thanks for the informative review!
Fateme_____________
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fateme-ataei.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Fateme_____________ »

I can definitely relate to the main character in the book. Balancing personal feelings and family obligations is a challenge that many of us encounter. It's great to read a book that addresses this issue. Thank you for sharing your review.
Rowan The-First
Currently Reading:

Fateme Ataei wrote: 30 Jun 2023, 10:33 I can definitely relate to the main character in the book. Balancing personal feelings and family obligations is a challenge that many of us encounter. It's great to read a book that addresses this issue. Thank you for sharing your review.
The author is really able in addressing this issue which makes this a special read. Thanks for your comments.
What's the reason for your creation, Who really created you and why. Kind regards, That's Rowan of Islam. :?: :tiphat:
Rowan The-First
Currently Reading:

Laney K wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 07:56 I quite enjoy romance with a historical setting, so this sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Thanks for the informative review!
Just give it a try, you will definitely enjoy it.
Fester John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fester-john.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Fester John »

Another book to add to my shelf and one the best review have seen

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”