Review of Thinking Inside The Box

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Review of Thinking Inside The Box

Post by Alex Reeves »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Thinking Inside The Box" by Les Farley.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Meeting new people online—people who eventually turn out to be a significant part of one’s life—has been gaining ground lately, as many people now find their soulmates through the internet. As portrayed in this book, Thinking Inside The Box by Les Farley, this is the case of Lester, a divorcee with three kids who meets Lucinda, an exquisite lady, online. Lester lives with his father, Clem, on 100 acres of land in Caskins Bend. After some texts and video calls, Lucinda, who lives in New York, expresses her desire to visit Lester, as she feels fed up with city life.

Lucinda, on the other hand, is the CEO of a multimillion-dollar company, but because of all the work that comes with managing such a big company, she doesn’t find time for herself. Using this as a way to run away from all the stress of life in the city, she plans to chase the romance between her and Lester without revealing her financial status. Lester, however, has been hurt before, and he plans to go slow and steady with it all. Here comes the big question: will this romance work out, or will the fact that Lucinda kept her financial status secret from them destroy the friendship they had built over the weeks? Check out this electrifying short read to find out.

This book was a pleasure to read, as each episode carried one eventful storyline after the other. It was electrifying in the sense that I got captivated by the story, as the tale triggers certain emotions. It pointed out a very intriguing irony: Lester’s ex-wife left because she wanted to get a feel for city life, while Lucinda was coming because she was fed up with city life. The story was clear and informative, and these factors kept me glued to it until the last episode. Although I found some bothersome aspects about it, the writing was smooth, and the picture I carved out of the story was one that I found delightful.

The structure of this novel, sincerely speaking, was poorly established. In episode 6 of this book, the author made the mistake of writing the entire story twice, which made the episode unnecessarily long and unprofessional. This wasn’t so pleasing to me, and I skipped the repeated story as I had previously read it. Another aspect that I didn’t find interesting was the fact that the book didn’t entertain much romance between Lester and Lucinda. It was mainly about Lucinda's transition from city to countryside and the way she settled in with the town and Lester’s family. The romance wasn’t really elaborated, and I didn’t find this appealing at all.

This book was professionally edited, as I found only a few errors in it. From my standpoint, the appropriate rating for this book is 3 out of 5 stars. The negative aspects influenced my decision to rate it so, but to be honest, I did enjoy reading this book.

In conclusion, I aptly recommend this book to people who enjoy mild love stories. The episodes of this book all have interesting summaries, which makes the story more delightful to read. Get your copy now, and thank me later.

Thinking Inside The Box
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Cherry Rollings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherry-rollings.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Cherry Rollings »

Thinking inside the box is an incredible book. I will add it to my about to read list
Nahid Hasan Sagor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nahid Hasan Sagor »

Les Farley's Thinking Inside the Box is an insightful and thought-provoking exploration of creative thinking. In this book, Farley challenges conventional notions of creativity and encourages readers to use their innate imagination. With his unique perspective and compelling writing style, he invites readers on a journey exploring limitless possibilities within the confines of limitations. One of the book's greatest strengths is Farley's ability to break down the barriers often associated with creativity. It shows that thinking inside the box can be just as powerful and innovative, if not more so, than thinking outside the box. Farley argues that people can unleash their creative potential and discover innovative solutions by accepting limitations such as limited resources, limited time, or limited space. Throughout the book, Farley provides numerous real-world examples, anecdotes, and case studies that effectively illustrate his ideas. He tells stories of renowned artists, inventors and entrepreneurs and shows how these people successfully used the power of boundaries to push the boundaries of their fields. The inclusion of these diverse examples adds to the book's credibility and provides readers with practical insights that they can apply to their own lives and creative pursuits. Farley's writing style is engaging and makes complex concepts accessible to readers of all backgrounds. Present your ideas clearly and concisely so that readers can easily follow them. Each chapter builds on the previous one, creating a cohesive narrative that progresses naturally. The author also incorporates interactive exercises and thought-provoking questions, encouraging readers to actively participate and apply the concepts learned. In addition, Thinking Inside the Box offers a balanced approach to creative thinking. While the book emphasizes the power of compulsion, Farley also recognizes the importance of exploring compulsion and thinking beyond it when necessary. In finding this balance, he avoids promoting a one-size-fits-all approach to creativity, instead encouraging readers to tailor their thinking strategies to context and their specific goals. A minor criticism is that some readers may find certain parts of the book repetitive. While repetition can be an effective teaching tool, some sections could have been trimmed to keep the book dynamic.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”