Review of The Bridge Through Time

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Mighty Esox
Bookshelf Size: 778
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: The Billionaire's Runaway Bride by Emery Cruz

Review of The Bridge Through Time

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Bridge Through Time" by Kalani Madden.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Freya Pfieffer taught dog owners that there are only confused and neglectful owners, not bad dogs. Sir Rory White, who owns the Overtoun Bridge property, asks Freya for help to find out why dogs jump off the bridge and commit suicide. At Overtoun Castle, Rory gives her a book to read that turns out to be a grimoire (book of spells) that belonged to Lady Elizabeth MacKinney in the 1700s. He warns her to read it only during daylight, which she ignores. At midnight, while translating one of the spells from French to English, she sees a man on the bridge and runs into the mist to confront him. She is thrown back in time and comes face-to-face with Culan MacKinney, the Seventh Laird of MacKinney Castle. Here she encounters Lady Elizabeth MacKinney and a world of magic, witchcraft, and hexes. Will Elizabeth discover why dogs commit suicide on the Overtoun Bridge? Read the romance novel The Bridge Through Time: A Masters of Overtoun Bridge Mystery by Kalani Madden to find out.

Kalani Madden did an excellent job with character and demographic development while the characters traveled through time. I could easily visualize each character and how the geographical aspects changed over time. I enjoyed reading about how dental hygiene was done in the 1700s and learning about its simplicity and effectiveness in keeping teeth strong and healthy. It was interesting to read that technology has taken away from a family’s unity because they do not spend as much time reading out loud together, sewing, or doing other activities that family members did together in the past. The author also pointed out how communication skills have deteriorated with our reliance on text messages using emojis and exclamation marks. I enjoyed reading Freya’s thoughts about dogs. Dogs are eager to love and obey and not plot and deceive like humans, making them easier to train than changing a human’s bad habits. Do you know that dogs can sense when someone has a hangover?

I did not find anything to dislike about this book. The well-written narrative flows smoothly and contains ample suspense and mystery to keep my interest in reading this book.

This book deserves nothing less than 5 out of 5 stars. This book is a time-travel romance, and the author did a fantastic job tying the two time periods together and providing historical information with only a couple of errors, which makes it deserving of a perfect rating.

If you enjoy romantic time-travel books that take place in Scotland during the 1700s, you will enjoy reading this book. Fans of books about witches, ghosts, hexes, and the history of the Overtoun Bridge, which is famous for dog suicides, will also enjoy this book.

The Bridge Through Time
View: on Bookshelves
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: El espejismo
Bookshelf Size: 2412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: The Perfect Life by Anne Callahan
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

What a unique premise! Dogs, romance, a bit of witchcraft. Sign me up!
Though I can't imagine how horrifying old-time dentists must have been, they scare me even nowadays...
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Post by Yasmine M »

Freya has an extraordinary task here, to find out why dogs have been committing suicide on the same bridge. I like stories with time-travel. The book seems well-written and the plot is fascinating. I will add it to my shelves. Thank you for this brilliant review.
Navera A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-navera-a.html
Latest Review: Women of Fire and Snow by Nati del Paso

Post by Navera A »

What an interesting concept! I've never heard of this bridge before, but now I really want to look up everything I can about it. Thanks for the great review, I'll definitely check this book out!
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

why the dogs killed themselves on the same bridge? It's Mystery to be delivered. I love time travel stories. The book looks well written and the plot is engaging. I will add it to my shelves. Thanks for this wonderful review.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

Fantastic review! Kalani Madden skillfully developed the characters and the time-traveling aspect. The attention to detail, from dental hygiene to the impact of technology, added depth to the story. The author's insights on dogs and human behavior were insightful. A captivating read with suspense and mystery throughout!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”