Review of The Space Between

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Photofinish by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 62%

Review of The Space Between

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Space Between" by Jen Shaffer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Enter a world filled with magic and meet Brendan, a man who runs a New York City club where humans and beings of the magic realm mingle freely. The humans, of course, are unaware of this phenomenon. One night, Brendan sees a hauntingly beautiful woman that no one else seems to have noticed, and there is no clear way she got into the club. Stricken with her, Brendan vows to see her again. In the process of locating the mystery woman, it is revealed that she may have connections to Brendan's sister, Brittany, who was taken one night and has not been heard from since. Will Brendan find the vanishing woman? What is her connection to Brittany? Jump into the race against the clock held within the page of The Space Between by Jen Shaffer.

Shaffer did an amazing job with world-building in this novel. The supernatural beings blended into the human world seamlessly. I thought it was clever how Shaffer developed a magic realm that could be accessed via doors. I also enjoyed how some of the characters were a blend of different supernatural beings. For example, Brendan holds the blood of witches and giants. I think it made seeing each character utilize different gifts based on different bloodlines fascinating and showed a more intermixed fantasy realm than is often depicted.

I also thought that Shaffer depicted the idea of a soulmate in a fresh way. The characters would often find their mate, but things didn't always click for both parties at the same time. It played around with the idea of love at first sight and showed how even those made for each other must work to realize it. Both the male and female characters were well-rounded, which does not always ring true in romance novels.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. There is nothing I truly disliked, and I see no reason not to give it full marks. I only noticed one minor error; I believe this book was professionally edited. Adult fans of romance who enjoy supernatural elements would enjoy this book. It should only be read by those who are comfortable with strong language and erotic content. The themes of betrayal, love, and soulmates are woven through the narrative. If these themes interest you, I highly recommend you check this one out!

The Space Between
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mary Bliss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawman-3.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Mary Bliss »

In sincerity am bewildered by the aptness of the review there by drawing my unintended interest into reading this master piece. I have nothing other than praise for both the author and reviewer.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

This review beautifully captures the essence of "The Space Between" by Jen Shaffer. The way the author built the magical world within the human realm was seamless and captivating. The concept of accessing the magic realm through doors was a clever touch that added depth to the story. The blend of supernatural beings and the exploration of characters with mixed bloodlines added an intermixed fantasy realm rarely seen. Shaffer's depiction of soulmates was refreshing, portraying the journey of love and connection in a unique way. The well-rounded male and female characters brought depth to the romance, making it a standout in the genre. Overall, a fantastic job by Jen Shaffer in creating an immersive and engaging world.
Jiya Tiwari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jiya-tiwari.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by Jiya Tiwari »

This story seems so real, filled with love, care, fantasy and every which we needed for a perfect story. I love the way, how the author expressed each and every line. I really loved this story

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”