Review of The Fifie

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Review of The Fifie

Post by Abiodunakinola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Fifie" by Marco Collina.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Marcas worked for his uncle, Thomas, who was a seaman and a prominent shipbuilder in Dundee. One day, Marcas was sent to sail a Fifie to a client’s dock at Crail Harbor. Upon arriving, he met a beautiful girl named Maureen, the daughter of the Fifie’s owner. Upon seeing each other, they fell in love, sensing a connection from a past life. Unable to return to Dundee that day, Marcas had to decide to sleep at Maureen’s dad’s house.

During his stay at Mr. Collen’s (Maureen’s dad) house, a couple named Deoiridh and MacGregor rented a room for the night on their journey to see a doctor due to Deoiridh’s health issues. Unfortunately, she died that night. Following Deoiridh’s wish to be buried beside the sea, Marcas, Maureen, MacGregor, and two others prepared to sail the Fifie to the Atlantic side to bury her. A mystery unfolded at sea as the Fifie’s compass stopped working, leading them into unexpected places. To discover more, read The Fifie by Marco Collina.

This engaging fiction book weaves romance into its storyline. The author’s conversational writing style effectively brings the story to life. While introducing readers to sailing and ancient travel terms, the book maintains a suspenseful atmosphere, especially when Marla embarks on a trip to the Atlantic to discover her past life. I began to have an uneasy feeling that something unimaginable was about to happen, and this made me eager to get to the end of the story to find the answer.

The main characters, Maureen and Marcas, depict the power of love and the beauty of soulmates. Maureen is such a great character, and her caring nature stands out. After the demise of Deoiridh, MacGregor starts taking the blame for himself, but Maureen comforts him and treats him with love until he starts feeling okay. Marcas’s selfless actions for Maureen’s happiness are also commendable.

The desire for a conclusive, happily-ever-after ending for Maureen and Marcas remains unmet, contributing to the story’s bittersweet allure. The characters are believable, and I can relate to how some characters who experience bad dreams come true. I did not find any negative things about this book.

The book is professionally edited, as I found a few errors. Therefore, I would rate it five out of five stars. I would recommend it to lovers of fictional stories with themes of romance. Anyone who is also interested in stories related to sailing and fishing will have a great time reading this book.

The Fifie
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
PrinceL
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by PrinceL »

Your review of "The Fifie" by Marco Collina beautifully encapsulates the essence of the book, skillfully navigating its intricate blend of romance and suspense. The author's conversational writing style vividly animates the narrative, drawing readers into an engaging world rich with sailing and ancient travel terms. Characters like Maureen and Marcas embody the profound depths of love and soulmate connections, portraying compassion and selflessness in their actions. The open-ended conclusion adds a bittersweet allure, leaving readers curious for more while maintaining an air of mystery. Despite a few errors, the book's overall charm shines through, warranting a resounding five-star rating and a strong recommendation, especially for enthusiasts of romance entwined with seafaring adventures.
The-Only-Crown-Prince
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

The power of true love. I love romance. Thanks for the review.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:

Post by Abiodunakinola »

PrinceL wrote: 15 Nov 2023, 03:38 Your review of "The Fifie" by Marco Collina beautifully encapsulates the essence of the book, skillfully navigating its intricate blend of romance and suspense. The author's conversational writing style vividly animates the narrative, drawing readers into an engaging world rich with sailing and ancient travel terms. Characters like Maureen and Marcas embody the profound depths of love and soulmate connections, portraying compassion and selflessness in their actions. The open-ended conclusion adds a bittersweet allure, leaving readers curious for more while maintaining an air of mystery. Despite a few errors, the book's overall charm shines through, warranting a resounding five-star rating and a strong recommendation, especially for enthusiasts of romance entwined with seafaring adventures.
Thanks for the interesting comment.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:

Post by Abiodunakinola »

Kirui Collins wrote: 17 Nov 2023, 06:34 The power of true love. I love romance. Thanks for the review.
Thanks, I appreciate your comment.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”