Review of Crossing Paths

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Thera reads
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Review of Crossing Paths

Post by Thera reads »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Crossing Paths" by Nina Purtee.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Crossing Paths by Nina Purtee is a captivating fictional novel that follows the intertwined lives of Ramone and Annie, their families, and the challenges they encounter. In this second book in Annie's journey, Annie and Ramone begin their new life together after their engagement. However, their joyous announcement is overshadowed by the return of a familiar threat from the past, leading to an attempted abduction of Annie. Additionally, the family receives shocking news about Salvador, Ramone's father, and a former threat to Annie's family's escape from prison. As the family seeks refuge on the island of Mallorca, they face a series of challenges, including Ramone's capture by the Chinese. Will these circumstances hinder the union of Ramone and Annie? Grab a copy to find out.

Crossing Paths not only narrates the captivating journey of Ramone and Annie but also delves deeper into the lives of those who are closely related to them, be it through family or close relationships. Reading this book was a truly immersive experience for me. I thoroughly enjoyed Nina's expressive descriptions, which skillfully brought every detail to life, offering me the ultimate reading experience. The well-developed characters added an extra layer of depth to the story, and I particularly appreciated that the narrative didn't solely focus on Ramone and Annie. This thoughtful inclusion prevented the reading experience from becoming tiresome.

There are many aspects to appreciate about this book. It delves into complex relationships and dynamics among the characters, creating depth and authenticity. The interactions and emotional journeys of the characters make the story engaging and complex. The book also explores different cultures and themes of heritage, traditions, and diverse backgrounds, adding richness to the narrative and offering readers new perspectives. Additionally, it takes readers on a vivid journey through various settings, describing them in detail and enhancing the overall reading experience.

However, there were a few aspects that didn't quite resonate with me while reading this book. Firstly, some readers might perceive the pacing as slow or uneven, potentially affecting their engagement with the story. Additionally, although the book explores complex relationships, some characters may appear lacking in depth or undergo limited development throughout the narrative, which left me wanting to know more. Moreover, despite the presence of unexpected twists, I found certain plot developments to be predictable, resulting in a lack of surprises. The multilayered storytelling approach occasionally introduces numerous subplots, which could overwhelm some readers or divert attention from the main narrative focus. Lastly, including a glossary for Spanish terms in the book could have helped readers unfamiliar with the language, broadening the book's appeal to a wider audience.

I would give this book a 5 out of 5 star rating for several reasons. Firstly, the professional editing deserves praise. Considering the length of the book, it's common to come across numerous grammatical errors, but this book was professionally edited with minimal errors. Another reason for the high rating is the deep development of the characters. The individuals in "Crossing Paths" are multi-dimensional, with rich backstories and relatable motivations. They feel genuine and undergo significant growth throughout the story, allowing readers to forge strong connections with them. Furthermore, the author's writing style is highly skilled, featuring eloquent prose that effortlessly captivates readers. The vivid imagery, well-crafted dialogue, and overall artistry of the writing contribute to the book's exceptional quality.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy fictional stories centered around love. It is especially recommended for its target audience, which includes readers who appreciate engaging storytelling, unexpected twists, well-developed characters, cultural exploration, immersive settings, and thought-provoking themes. With its compelling narrative and emotional resonance, this book is guaranteed to captivate readers and leave a lasting impression. However, it is important to note that this book may not be suitable for younger or more sensitive audiences.

Crossing Paths
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

Ramon i Anne ran of bead life, his family raning to presion and cross paths to found a new life. How is difficult be a migraine and how people can ran to outside and go to the new life this story telling us how is important to be together and resolve problems of life. This book is emotional and learning us how protect and helpp people why ranning of dengue situation.
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

This seems like a fine book to read. Great review by the way.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:
MacdonaldManana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macdonaldmanana.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by MacdonaldManana »

Really the perfect thrills to expect from a fictional romantic setting. Truly amazing. The abductions, loneliness and some emotional moments really brings water to the eye. The book is the best remedy to heartbreaks...
Chioma Oz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chioma-oz.html
Latest Review: Flowers of Evil by N.L. Holmes

Post by Chioma Oz »

Nina Purtee's 'Crossing Paths' is a captivating novel that intricately weaves the lives of Ramone and Annie with those around them. The engaging narrative, coupled with expressive descriptions, immerses readers in the characters' journeys.
Nguavese Abeva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nguavese-abeva.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nguavese Abeva »

Expertly woven plotlines that are as mesmerizing as they are intricate. The narrative unfolds with precision, keeping the reader on the edge of their seat. A truly captivating literary experience.
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Jessica Azuka »

This family and group of people are really having it hot. First Annie was abducted, next Salvador. Seems they are really being hunted. This is an interesting book and an equally interesting review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”