Review of Fading Echoes

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: The Consequences of the Concept of Nothingness by Tom E. Kimmons

Review of Fading Echoes

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fading Echoes" by Fullen Angelle.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Andrea leads a reserved lifestyle after completing high school. Due to her alluring beauty, she was a model, something her mum encouraged her to pursue. Andrea found it difficult to pursue a modeling career because she was not outgoing. Kate, her friend, is her opposite; she convinces Andrea to accompany her to their high school reunion. This kickstarts a series of occurrences that make Andrea question her sanity.

The novel is a relatively short read. After Andrea encounters her former classmate Funner while Kate is having fun, you're left wondering what Funner's intention is. He seems to have a solid career and an allure that immediately pulls Andrea to him, but things don't go as Andrea had anticipated after their one-night stand. This encounter elicited suspense and left me desiring to know whether the protagonist was disillusioned.

My favorite aspect was the book's simplicity. The storyline is easy to follow. While I felt a first-person point of view would have painted a perfect picture of Andrea's insecure and fearful world, the author did a commendable job detailing the barrage of emotions Andrea battled as she felt someone was always watching her using the third-person perspective. The camaraderie that came into play when Kate's classmates collectively came out to support Andrea was impressive. I relished Kate's character. She is the epitome of a supportive friend, as it is evidenced by her availability when Andrea needs her.

Unfortunately, I cannot say that I really enjoyed reading this book. Being a short book, I expected it to be a thriller. The dialogue felt lengthy and dull. This is the reason I deduct a star and rate the book 4 out of 5 stars. The author did a perfect job describing the lengths people can go to find attention and the consequences of childhood scars in adulthood. It's a reminder that our actions significantly affect people around us.

I recommend Fading Echoes by Fullen Angelle to enthusiasts of mystery novels. Young adults will definitely enjoy reading the book. Lastly, the book was edited professionally.

Fading Echoes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Conshelle Dwight William
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conshelle-dwight-william.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Conshelle Dwight William »

"Fading Echoes" explores Andrea's life after high school. A reserved former model, Andrea's life changes when her outgoing friend Kate convinces her to attend a reunion. There, she meets Funner, a former classmate with a successful career and an intriguing allure. After a one-night stand with Funner, Andrea begins to question her sanity. The book examines the impact of childhood scars in adulthood, and the lengths people will go for attention. Despite some lengthy dialogue, it's a captivating read for mystery lovers. The author effectively uses a third-person perspective to convey Andrea's emotions and experiences.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”