Review of Alpha's Regret

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Machine Guns & Typewriters by Robert W. Wallace

Review of Alpha's Regret

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Alpha's Regret" by Jessica Hall.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Alpha’s Regret is an intriguing book by Jessica Hall about the bravery of Everly, an Alpha-turned-rogue-whore. In one night of drunkenness—one night of sex she has no memories of—Everly's life comes crashing down before her eyes. All the love she ever knew gradually dissipates as she loses her pact, her family, and her rights as the next Alpha of her pact. Alpha John, Everly’s father, would rather have her die than allow her to ruin his reputation by having a child with his sworn enemy.

In the most turbulent of times, she finds a flicker of hope in a woman too good to be a rogue-whore. As days turn to weeks and months to years, her pain becomes her source of strength as she builds her own village, consuming everything that dares stand in her way. Would all the secrets about to play out ruin her chances of becoming the Alpha’s Luna? How would she ever get past the hatred her father has for her? Watch the series of events that unfold in this quirk of fate as you read this book.

One of the things I love about this book is how engaging it is. The narrator was very efficient in making me feel Everly's pain and frustration. I like how dogged Everly was in spite of all the threats from Valen and the abandonment from her family. I love the narrator's style of using different points of view in the narration. In addition, the manner in which the author developed the plot of the book is commendable. I saw myself in a fantasy world of werewolves, and I think this is the best part of the book for me. I could only spot one error in the audiobook, which is proof of the quality of editing.

One thing I didn't quite appreciate about the book is that sometimes the narrating voice did not express the emotions of what was being narrated. This would usually make it difficult to relate to the situation. Also, there were a few times when a particular phrase was repeated awkwardly.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. There is hardly anything to dislike about the book. It has a beautiful plot twist and a storyline that is very engaging. As stated earlier, almost flawless editing quality is a huge plus.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves to read a good fiction, especially those interested in werewolf books and movies. This book would also be suitable for people who need some inspiration to move forward in spite of very harsh circumstances.

Alpha's Regret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Conshelle Dwight William
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conshelle-dwight-william.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Conshelle Dwight William »

"Alpha’s Regret" is an engaging tale by Jessica Hall, chronicling the life of Everly, an Alpha-turned-rogue. Despite facing abandonment, threats, and harsh circumstances, Everly's resilience shines through, as she builds her own village and faces her past. The book's immersive fantasy world, efficient narration, and almost flawless editing are commendable, although there are minor issues with emotional expression and awkward phrase repetition. An inspiring read, especially for fans of werewolf fiction and stories of overcoming adversity.
Fatola Fatai
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: Love Is by Kim Sorrelle

Post by Fatola Fatai »

From this book review, I am guessing this will be a very interesting piece to read. Alot of females in our society are going through alot in terms of previous life choices. Books like this will be a source of motivation to many of them. Thank you for the review.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review is helpful and sufficient in providing a detailed analysis of the book "Share Alphas Regret" by Jessica Hall. It effectively conveys the engaging nature of the book, the emotional connection to the main character, and praises the author's plot development and editing quality. The reviewer's positive rating and recommendation indicate that the book would be a valuable addition to anyone's library, particularly for those interested in werewolf fiction or seeking motivation in challenging circumstances.
elmony rhode
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elmony-rhode.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by elmony rhode »

I am a werewolf fiction lover and I will definitely add the book to my shelve. I'm eager to find out about Everly's journey to become Alpha Luna and whether her relationship with her father will be mended. Thank you for your review, it's lovely.
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert

Post by Aleena Augustine »

Totally adding Alpha’s Regret to my reading list! The werewolf fantasy twist and Everly's resilience sound like a winning combo. Excited to dive into this engaging storyline. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Ruth Andanje
Currently Reading: Women with Partners in Prison
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-andanje.html
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Ruth Andanje »

I love a good and unique female protagonist in stories, especially supernatural ones like this particular book. I will most definitely add this book to my reading list, the story line sounds exciting and intriguing. Lovely written review.
Latest Review: The One by Tyler Cook
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, "Share Alphas Regret" seems like a captivating and engaging book with a well-developed plot. The narrator effectively portrays the protagonist's emotions, although there are a few instances where this falls short. The book is highly recommended for those who enjoy werewolf fiction and appreciate inspiring stories of resilience in challenging circumstances. Overall, it appears to be a great read with almost flawless editing.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

"Alpha’s Regret" by Jessica Hall follows Everly, an Alpha-turned-rogue-whore whose life is shattered after a night she can't remember, leading to her rejection by her father and loss of her status. Despite her struggles, Everly finds hope and strength, building her own community and confronting the secrets and hatred that threaten her future.
Nabweteme Gloria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nabweteme-gloria.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Nabweteme Gloria »

I'mm delighted that you appreciated the editing quality and found the story inspirational. Thanks again for your recommendation and support!. Thank you so much for your thoughtful review of Alpha’s Regret! I'm thrilled to hear that you found Everly's journey engaging and that the narrative style resonated with you. Your feedback about the narrating voice is valuable and will help improve future works.
Jaadugar Yadu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaadugar-yadu.html
Latest Review: A Toast to Travel by Fraser Beath McEwing

Post by Jaadugar Yadu »

Everly breaks the mold of the typical damsel-in-distress. As a single mother who has built a life for herself and her son, she embodies strength, resilience, and unwavering self-reliance. This refreshing portrayal adds depth and complexity to the narrative.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

The review has a Romeo and Juliet feel about it. I like fantasy settings of werewolves, and am sure this story will be an entertaining one to learn how Everly will overcome the difficulties of her life crashing down.
Goodness Kene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-kene.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Goodness Kene »

The book seems to have a well-developed plot and interesting storyline. I think it appeals to people who like werewolf fiction and those who appreciate inspiring stories of resilience in challenging circumstances.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The story appears to explore the social structure and dynamics of werewolves. It appears to investigate how they perceive honor and reputation in their society. The book is intended for readers who enjoy werewolf stories.
Dheera Kalota
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dheera-kalota.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Dheera Kalota »

A book for those interested in supernatural stories. In recent times, there has been many such books about supernatural creatures. I hope this one stands out. I will definitely add to my reading list.
Ad astra per aspera

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”