Review of Lost in Plan Sight

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Review of Lost in Plan Sight

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lost in Plan Sight" by Karen Magee.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Lost in Plain Sight by Karen Magee is a journey of love and loss that is set in a small Southern town. Ainsleigh's son and husband had died in a tragic accident. Ainsleigh blames God and is resentful of the large Christian population in her town. Her best friend, Evan, recently became a Christian, and Ainsleigh isn't sure that she can trust his intentions anymore. However, Ainsleigh can't help but be attracted to Nick, the young and single pastor. Nick wishes to help Ainsleigh through her hurt and pain. He is also dealing with an attraction to her, though he knows he cannot be with a non-Christian woman. Will Ainsleigh accept help from those around her and start to heal? Will anything become of Nick and Ainsleigh's feelings for each other? Grab a copy of Lost in Plain Sight and find out!

The characters in this book really stood out to me. Ainsleigh's struggle to move on past the tragic death of her family was powerful to see. The anger she felt toward God was palpable. Seeing how Ainsleigh struggled to deal with her grief in such a Christian town was fascinating. In addition, her best friend's conversion added an additional layer of mistrust and division between Ainsleigh and the town.

I also appreciated how Magee portrayed a variety of Christians. There was a group of women from the church who were petty and meanspirited to Ainsleigh. On the other hand, many of the characters simply wanted to share the love and support of the church. I enjoyed that Magee wasn't afraid to portray some of the church members in a negative light, as it made the town feel more realistic.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. There were only a few minor errors throughout the book; I believe that it was professionally edited. There was also nothing that I truly disliked about it. The characters, plot, and setting were all convincing and engaging. While this book does center around Christianity, I believe that readers from any religious background would be able to enjoy it if they had an open mind. It is free of profanity and sexual content. I believe that it is suitable for both teens and adults. Those who enjoy themes of romance, grief, and loss would enjoy this book.

Lost in Plan Sight
View: on Bookshelves
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85958
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1353%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

despite a quiet life in small souther town with the expections she is stalked by broken heart she lost everything and everyone she loved she consider them stolen by a fish
Rob Carr
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

Doesn't sound like my kind of book but this is an interesting review. It can be hard when you get offside with others in a small town like this.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your insightful review. This sounds like a story that explores deep feelings of grief and exclusion in what sounds like a positive way. I appreciate that the author took the step to make the town more realistic by creating both the positive and negative characters even within the church to allow the themes to be explored further.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

This is a kind of book I would love to read. I hope Ainsleigh is able to heal from her past. Thanks for your lovely review.
Osvaldo Borghese
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Thanks for your nice review, unfortunately, I think that this book doesn't suit my personal taste.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”