Review of Reluctant Client

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Review of Reluctant Client

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Reluctant Client" by L.B. Brookes.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Love is beyond the lustful desire for a partner's stereotype. In a relationship where love abounds, boundaries are crossed to stay together forever. In this book, Reluctant Client by L.B. Brookes, Will shows his undeniable love for Allison despite Allison's stubborn and guarded nature due to her family's tragic past traced to Buchanan's curse. Allison separated from Will with the instinct that he was cheating on her. Moreover, Will was just faking a relationship with Nancy. Nancy is disgusted by Will's relationship with Allison and threatens her life. What actions must Will take to stop Nancy from harming Allison?

Will runs Guardian Inc.'s company. Jeff, who is the closest of his workers to him, possessed special abilities of telekinesis, just like Will does. Though what is more special about Will is his ability to read minds, Allison holds a secret that she does not want anyone else, including Will, to get a hint of. Just in time, she finds a picture that is capable of exposing her secret, and she immediately takes a run for her and her family's safety. Will Will find out about her secret? What danger is she going to face now that she's away from Will, despite the threat already placed on her life? Read this book to learn more.

This book was no doubt a fantastic read for me. What I loved most about this book was the way the author was detailed in her explanations of scenes, outfits, and locales. I was able to feel the connection and humor in the book. Nevertheless, I found some flaws in this book. Some characters in this book were not well developed. Characters like Sharpe, Senator Buchanan, agent Rebecca Patterson, and her siblings didn't seem to play much of a role in the book. Also, the book didn't give much information on Peggy, who I believe deserves that much. This book is in a series, and I believe as the series progresses, their roles will come into play. However, I felt like they were not very necessary to the book's plot, especially when it had to do with agent Rebecca Patterson. I found two errors in this book, which shows that it was professionally edited.

I recommend this book to people who love books about romance with a spice of action. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars for its captivating storyline and well-detailed nature. The flaws I witnessed are not enough for me to deduct a star from this book.

Reluctant Client
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ryan Chofwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryan-chofwe.html
Latest Review: To Master the Tides by Josephine Borgia
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Ryan Chofwe »

I'm so interested in the book now
Osvaldo Borghese
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This romance talks about love and relationships but adds some mystery, making it more interesting. Thanks a lot for your review.
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

I love a good enemies-to-lovers story, especially when one partner is reluctant for a reason. Thanks for mentioning the danger element - that adds a whole new layer of tension. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

It’s a beautiful love story. The author captures the emotions and conflict with such depth, making it a truly heartwarming and relatable read. If you’re a fan of love, and the ups and downs of relationships, this book is a great choice for you.
Amanda Kenneth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

In "Reluctant Client" by L.B. Brookes, Will's unwavering love for Allison is tested as he navigates her guarded nature and a threat from Nancy, who is disgusted by their relationship. Will must take decisive action to protect Allison and confront Nancy to prevent harm.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: Cusick by Philip Amortila

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

As a prospective reader, this review highlights the strengths and weaknesses of the book "Reluctant Client" by L.B. Brookes. The detailed explanations of scenes and the strong connection between characters, particularly Will and Allison, make it an enticing read. However, the review points out some flaws, such as underdeveloped characters like Sharpe, Senator Buchanan, and agent Rebecca Patterson, which could potentially affect the overall enjoyment of the story. Despite these flaws, the captivating storyline and well-detailed nature of the book, along with its mix of romance and action, make it a recommended read for those who enjoy such genres. Overall, the your positive rating of 5 out of 5 stars suggests that the strengths outweigh the weaknesses, making it a promising choice for readers interested in a compelling narrative.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”