Review of Love Slave to the Mafia Boss's Passion

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomi Ahmed
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Review of Love Slave to the Mafia Boss's Passion

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love Slave to the Mafia Boss's Passion" by Real Fantasies.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

“Love Slave to the Mafia Boss’s Passion: Book 1” by Real Fantasies is an erotic mafia romance fiction. It starts with Malissa Maxford, a woman is who grew up in an average income home. Her parents died in car accident when she was younger. Her parents owned a company, but unfortunately when they passed away, her parent’s business partner took over the company leaving Malissa with nothing but debt. Malissa later moved in with grandmother and works at grandmother’s shop. Things drastically change when Malissa’s grandmother’s shop is broken into by a global mafia. Malissa comes to find out that her parents borrowed 500 million dollars and the mafia wants their loan back. Struggling with financial burdens left behind by her parents, Malissa's life takes a drastic turn when she becomes entangled with the powerful mafia underworld. Malissa is forced to marry the mafia boss’s son Hayden Torex and convince him to take the over the family business as the heir. However, Hayden proves to be a complex character—angry, cold, and resistant to his familial responsibilities.

The wedding is later postponed because Hayden shows up to the altar extremely intoxicated. The mafia boss decided that that Malissa needs to live with Hayden for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days, they decided if they want to get married or not or if they want to be set free. There are a few conditions while Malissa lives in the house with Hayden. Malissa has do something for Hayden or grant him a wish. Hayden has his own rules for Malissa. She must follow his rules, or she is punished, and one of her body parts becomes Hayden’s possession. As Malissa navigates the intricacies of her new reality, she is drawn into a tumultuous relationship with Hayden, where passion and emotion collide.

Overall, I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. I enjoy reading romance novels and this book seems like it is going to have an “enemies to lovers’ trope”. While the premise of the book holds promise, I found the pacing somewhat abrupt, particularly in the early introduction of sexual content without sufficient context. A deeper exploration of Hayden's background and upbringing within the mafia syndicate would have enriched the narrative, providing readers with a better understanding of his character motivations. I recommend this book to adult readers seeking a steamy and suspenseful romance novel set against the backdrop of the mafia underworld.

Love Slave to the Mafia Boss's Passion
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomi Ahmed
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The premise of this book looks interesting, considering the themes it addresses are relevant to the current human issue. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Howdy! Thanks for the heartfelt review on Love Slave to the Mafia Boss's Passion: Book 1. It seems like an intriguing read with a mix of steamy romance and suspense against the mafia backdrop. While the pacing and introduction of sexual content might be a touch abrupt, the overall premise holds promise. It would have been beneficial to delve deeper into Hayden's background to better understand his character motivations. With a solid enemies-to-lovers trope, the book appears to offer an interesting journey. Appreciate the review, partner! Gripping tension, kept me on edge.
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Hi Tomi, my first introduction to this genre was Dante's Demons, which I really enjoyed. I find the 'hate to love' storylines the most fun. I wonder if the early sex scenes are an example of the author not quite gelling with the genre and forcing something that should come later. Do you plan to read book 2?
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The premise of this book looks interesting, considering the themes it addresses are relevant to the current human issue. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Symbol by Giovanni Flores

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

I am always intrigued by books which involve an innocent woman and a mafia boss. The bosses are usually very cold people but when that special woman comes into the picture, they become a little soft. I enjoyed your book summary and thoughts on the book.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Reasonably Foreseeable by James E Carroll

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

The intricate plot of "Love Slave to the Mafia Boss’s Passion: Book 1" by Real Fantasies sounds both thrilling and emotionally charged. The way Malissa's life shifts from an average existence to being enmeshed in the dangerous world of the mafia is captivating.
Onwuesi Promise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onwuesi-promise.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Onwuesi Promise »

I love this book so much. One of my favorite romance fiction.
It is an interesting read. I recommend it fans of romance.
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review provides an honest assessment of "Love Slave to the Mafia Boss’s Passion: Book 1," presenting both its promising aspects and areas for improvement. By acknowledging the book's strengths, such as its premise and potential tropes, alongside its shortcomings in pacing and character development, the reviewer offers readers a well-rounded perspective for informed judgment.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

That is a beautiful review, thank you.
Although this genre is not my interest, generally, I was drawn in by what the author has to offer: a rather captivating plot!
Malissa Maxford is a relatable Character, and her situation is a matter one can empathize with. I am in awe that her parents borrowed so much of money from the mafia! However, it reminds me as a parent that my actions largely impact the quality of life my child may endure to a degree. I am curious how Malissa handles her entanglement with the mafia world and how it affects her journey forward.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 67%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

This mafia books are totally wired differently. Sometime it just revolves around forced proximity, adventure theme rather than actual story. Good review and I may read this book if I get opportunity because I like mafia books even though sometimes it lacks proper plotline

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”