Review: The After Series by Anna Todd

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
thatonegirl13
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Review: The After Series by Anna Todd

Post by thatonegirl13 »

This series will always hold a place in my heart. I absolutely loved reading it, finished each book in a day. Each book made me cry!
Amaka berry
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amaka berry »

This seeiosis one of the best I have read in a long while. You can really understand what the character are feeling and the emotions at that point
Honestly I love it
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

The After Series is one romance series that I do not at all enjoy. As far as I am concerned, the pair should have broken up a long time ago.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Deception by Loretta Enright

Post by Kendal Low »

I have to admit; I read all of these books when they were still Harry Styles fanfiction on Wattpad. Embarrassing, I know! However, I did enjoy the refined books as well. I think Ana Todd was great at depicting a toxic relationship you know you shouldn't be in but can't help yourself.

I must say that even by the end of the books I didn't think Hardin and Tessa should be with each other. I think they would both be far better off without the other by their sides. Nevertheless, still a great read.
Amina_sahara
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-sahara.html
Latest Review: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones by Chris Reynolds

Post by Amina_sahara »

Hardin and Tessa are the true definition of Yin and Yang. The first time I read the book, it was kind of scary to see the lengths to which Hardin went. I remember that after book two, I stopped reading for a while. Later, I continued reading, starting over from book one. I got to see Hardin in a different light during my second reading. I also got to appreciate Tessa for having the courage to get out of the relationship. It's really hard for someone to get out of a toxic relationship, and no matter how much people tell you to leave, only you can realize that it's time to pack up and leave. I really respect Tessa for making that hard decision.
Madire2003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Madire2003 »

I actually read the after series after watching the after movie, first i didn't like it, but i gave it a try and kept watching all the serie. And in the end i loved it and looker for book series and it was even better.
Rannaan Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rannaan-rajaee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Rannaan Rajaee »

The amazing fan following and the hype is what led me to this series. I have read the entire series. Overall, I did not like the storyline. I like how both the lead characters' life slowly but drastically changes after they meet. Perhaps that is the only good thing in my opinion. For the most part, the relationship lacked naturality and felt very artificial, needless to say too toxic.
Gene Gene
Currently Reading: Deceptive Calm
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Gene Gene »

This book is absolutely moving, both mentally and physically. I am a good reader. but I don't know I came to read about this book a little late after my online friends did. I was too curious to more about hardships between Tessa and Hardin. My online book club friends couldn't believe how I completed the book much much earlier than expected.
Anna Todd is one amazing writer and I am beyond ecstatic to continue into the second book revealing more about Tessa and Hardin!
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Rajaee »

I have read the entire series and I must say that I did not like it. Do not get me wrong, I like romance. But this story, apart from the frequent depictions of sex, had nothing to keep a reader in it. The relationship of the leads were extremely toxic.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Onwuesi Promise
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Onwuesi Promise »

It seems that you were truly drawn into Tessa and Hardin's tumultuous journey, filled with passion and growth. Their complex relationship and personal struggles made for a gripping read. Thanks for the recommendation; it seems like a compelling series for fans of intense romance with depth.
I will look forward to reading it soon.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”