Review of Alpha's Regret

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Cannoli Caper
Bookshelf Size: 624
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 46%

Re: Review of Alpha's Regret

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

From the review, it's difficult to understand that this is a werewolf novel, which I figured out when I read a few pages and checked out the cover. Back in my youth I gobbled up a lot of this literature, but those days are gone, so I'll take a pass. However, from the sections that I read, the author has a fine writing style and I'm certain that lovers of this genre will thoroughly enjoy the ride.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I sampled the book and I loved the writing style. It is very engaging. I love werewolves, so I am naturally interested in this book.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

The book sounds really engaging with a strong female character who refused to give up when she was shunned by her family, her pack and the future father of her child but instead showed her strength and determination to create a bright future for herself and her son. Congratulations on becoming BOTD!
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Your review of "Alpha’s Regret" revolves around resilience and redemption in the face of adversity. Everly, the protagonist, grapples with the consequences of her actions, including betrayal and abandonment by her family. Despite these challenges, she finds strength within herself to rebuild her life and create a new community. I love that it explores themes of forgiveness and self-discovery
Alida Spies
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alida-spies.html
Latest Review: The Cello Maker by David P Andersen
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 84%

Post by Alida Spies »

The author created a world where werewolves have very rigid moral standards, as opposed to the situation in the human world. Getting drunk is never a great idea but the price that Everly has to pay for her one night of irresponsible action is extremely high. I couldn't see where the romance comes in, but the book seems to cover several moral and social issues, e.g. the question of abortion, support from parents and friends when needed, and enmity between families (packs). Sounds like an interesting read!
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review by Chris Alex gives a vivid glimpse into "Alpha's Regret" by Jessica Hall. It paints a picture of Everly's journey from Alpha to rogue-whore, showcasing her struggles and resilience in the face of betrayal and loss.The reviewer praises the book's engaging narrative style, which effectively conveys Everly's emotions and challenges. He appreciated Everly's determination and the author's use of multiple perspectives in storytelling. The development of the plot is highlighted as a strong point, drawing readers into a captivating fantasy world of werewolves.Overall, the reviewer rates the book 5 out of 5 stars, lauding its compelling plot, engaging storyline, and high-quality editing.
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Chris Agbara »

"Alpha’s Regret" is an engaging tale of resilience and determination amidst adversity, with a captivating plot and immersive narration. 5 out of 5 stars!
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

I can sense the angst from far, the redemption arc, independent heroine, struggling without power, Misunderstanding or later realisation, the rise without people support troopas are all interesting factors. According to above review,this book feels roller coaster ride of Everly.
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Last Rhino: An African Wildlife Adventure by David Mark Quigley

Post by Seetha E »

This is an exciting book to read. I love reading about strong female characters in fiction, so learning how Everly navigates the past and the present will be fascinating—an extremely well-written review. Congratulations on BOTD.
Abhishek Pratap Singh 1
Currently Reading: The riches man in Babylon
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Abhishek Pratap Singh 1 »

Jessica Hall's "Alpha's Regret" is a captivating and immersive paranormal romance novel that delves into the complex dynamics of werewolf pack dynamics and the power of love to overcome adversity. With its engaging characters, well-paced plot, and steamy romance, the book offers a satisfying and entertaining reading experience.One of the novel's strongest aspects is its exploration of pack dynamics and the intricate hierarchical structures within werewolf society. Hall's worldbuilding is detailed and richly imagined, providing readers with a comprehensive understanding of the rules, traditions, and power structures that govern the lives of the werewolf characters. This depth of worldbuilding adds a layer of authenticity and depth to the story, drawing the reader deeper into the narrative
Moisés Alcántara Ayre
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mois-s-alc-ntara-ayre.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Moisés Alcántara Ayre »

Though I'm not into werewolf books, this one has caught my attention due to the painful intricacies within a family, where pride is more important than love: Can the book teach us more about the power of family?
Marina Flisvou
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Frank: The Collection by Tara Basi

Post by Marina Flisvou »

Your observations about the book provide valuable insights for potential readers and highlight the strengths of the novel in a captivating way. Recommending Alpha’s Regret to fans of werewolf fiction and those seeking inspiration in the face of adversity is a great way to extend its reach to a wider audience.
Marina
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 448
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

An intriguing fiction story book "Alpha's Regret" by Jessica Hall, which tells us about the bravery of Everly, an Alpha-turned-rogue-whore, and her encounters with different persons.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: A Mingled Yarn by Louise Williams

Post by Hy Be »

"Alpha's Regret" by Jessica Hall revolves around Everly, Alpha turned rogue whose life changes in one night. The author weaved themes of mystery , secrets and familial bonds in this book.
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

From reading your review, I believe that I will enjoy reading this book. Thanks for the engaging review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”