Review of Alpha's Regret

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 355

Re: Review of Alpha's Regret

Post by Tars »

Sorry to say, but I most certainly won't be reading this book, because all those werewolf fantasy romances don't appeal to me in the slightest. Logically, I can perfectly understand why so many find it fascinating, considering that wolves mate for life and are faithful till the end, but I am realistic and practical, not prone to wishful thinking. Still, congratulations on BOTD!
Suvankar Das 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: Ghost With Two Hearts by michael r french

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"Alpha's Regret: My Luna Has A Son" by Jessica Hall offers a gripping tale of forbidden love and intrigue in the world of werewolf romance. Everly's struggle with unexpected pregnancy and forbidden desires promises a captivating read for fans of adult romance. Thanks for sharing this intriguing recommendation!
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Quest: Finding Freddie
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Alpha's Regret by Jessica Hall is a fiction novel about Everly, a werewolf who makes the terrible mistake of spending a drunken night with an Alpha from the rival pack. Her pregnancy will change her life and path completely. Will she forgive Valen for causing her so much pain and trouble? Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Devjyoti Mondal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devjyoti-mondal.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Devjyoti Mondal »

As a fellow book lover, your review of "Alpha’s Regret" by Jessica Hall really resonates with me. The captivating plot and Everly's journey from disgrace to strength sound incredibly engaging. I appreciate your honest critique about the narration, but it seems the story's strengths far outweigh the minor flaws. I’ll definitely check it out!
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

In the most turbulent of times, she finds a flicker of hope in a woman too good to be a rogue-whore. As days turn to weeks and months to years, her pain becomes her source of strength as she builds her own village, consuming everything that dares stand in her way. Would all the secrets about to play out ruin her chances of becoming the Alpha’s Luna? How would she ever get past the hatred her father has for her?
- She is right, to focus her pain on the above-mentioned, without letting it consume her and I too, am curious to find the answers to these questions. A wonderful review. Thank you.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 819
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When the Tamarind Tree Blooms by Elaine Russell
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

Alpha’s Regret by Jessica Hall sounds captivating. Everly’s journey of becoming a powerful leader despite immense hardship is inspiring. I’m eager to explore her resilience and the complex werewolf dynamics.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

A good werewolf book, filled with supernatural elements and storytelling, is hard to come by. This one presents a very unique circumstance as the Alpha's daughter made a mistake and fell pregnant and must now find a way to deal with it. Will she be able to do so? Thanks for the review!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Gayatri Tripathi
Favorite Book: E M P Honeymoon
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayatri-tripathi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Gayatri Tripathi »

Thank you for such an insightful review of "Alpha's Regret" by Jessica Hall! It’s clear you engaged deeply with the book. I appreciate your detailed analysis of Everly's character, especially highlighting her resilience despite the immense challenges she faces. Your description of the author's use of multiple points of view to enhance the narrative is intriguing. It's also good to know that the editing quality is almost flawless, which definitely adds to the reading experience. However, it's interesting to note your critique about the occasional lack of emotional expression in the narration and the awkward repetition of phrases. These points provide a balanced view of the book's strengths and areas for improvement. I'm particularly drawn to the idea of a werewolf fantasy world combined with a powerful story of personal strength and overcoming adversity. Your review has convinced me to give this book a try, and I'm looking forward to experiencing Everly's journey for myself.
Lorna Philip Enslin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

'Alpha's Regret' by Jessica Hall is a captivating blend of romance and redemption set against the backdrop of a werewolf pack. The author's skilful storytelling weaves a tale of love, loss and second chances. Congrats on #BOTD.
Rose Angela
Favorite Author: Lisa Kleypas
Favorite Book: God of Wrath
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 5547

Post by Rose Angela »

"Alpha's Regret" by Jessica Hall is a captivating paranormal romance that delves into themes of love, redemption, and self-discovery. Hall's writing is engaging, with a well-crafted plot and richly developed characters that draw readers into the complex dynamics of the werewolf pack. The emotional depth and suspense keep readers hooked from start to finish, making "Alpha's Regret" a must-read for fans of the genre.
Caterine Potes Morales
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caterine-potes-morales.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Caterine Potes Morales »

Great review! You've captured the essence of "Alpha’s Regret" beautifully. Everly's transformation and struggle really seem compelling, and I love stories that blend intense personal journeys with fantasy elements like werewolves. Your mention of the narrator's effectiveness in conveying emotions and the well-developed plot has piqued my interest.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Story Of... by Shirley B Novack
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 103%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

Great review! I do like a good fiction book, but I'm not into werewolves or fantasy books. It does sound like it would be very interesting if you were into that genre.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Mayang Bature
Favorite Book: On the Precipice
Currently Reading: Tara's Journal
Bookshelf Size: 320
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 31%

Post by Mayang Bature »

The plot of this book sounds interesting. Everly's life takes a complete turnaround and everything now against her. I wonder how she will come out of this situation. Congrats on botd!!
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1468
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Today's BOTD isn't the one for me, but those who enjoy paranormal erotica novels, complete with werewolves and a strong heroine, are in luck! Readers of the genre will not only be pulled into the story right from the start, but will also enjoy watching Everly grow as a character throughout. Thanks for you helpful review! :-)
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 596
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"Alpha's Regret" by Jessica Hall is about the bravery of Everly, whose life suddenly begins to fall apart. The book is very engaging and professionally edited. I like that the plot is full of unpredictable twists and turns.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”